Can you force social login account

6 years 3 months ago #300727 by webtechplus
Can you force social login account was created by webtechplus
We have a client who is having problems with duplicate accounts holders and would like to force all users to have at least one social media account.
Used social media accounts are;
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Windows
  • Steam

My guess would this would need to be an Auto Action?

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #300735 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can you force social login account
You don't want to allow login by normal username/password or you want to allow normal login, but still require a social account to be linked?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300845 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic Can you force social login account
From what my clients is requesting, both.
The site in question has around 7000 members at this stage we are finding the some members are creating a separate account for each social media account to get around our checks and attempt to get multiple entries into competitions.

One way to combat this is to make it so users have a normal account and at least one social account, the other thing this will do is give the admin an alternate way to contact users who have had their access blocked due to some reason or another.

We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

6 years 3 months ago #300865 by krileon
There is no way to force registration via CB Connect without disabling normal registration process and that'd only work with single sign-on method and not pre-filled. Double accounts doesn't seam like it should be all that common since it requires them to have 2 valid email addresses. You can try using CB AntiSpam and its duplicate registration protection to avoid the same ip address registering twice, which might help avoid this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301037 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic Can you force social login account
Thank i suspected that would be the case.

Is there a way to set up two factor autho on CB?

6 years 3 months ago #301044 by krileon

Is there a way to set up two factor autho on CB?

Yes, simply publish a two factor authentication plugin and it should work. The params field will be responsible for outputting the two factor parameters the user will need for setting up two factor authentication, which they'll fine in profile edit and/or during registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn