[SOLVED] Ajax field verification

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #301932 by activha
[SOLVED] Ajax field verification was created by activha
hello

Since upgrading from Joomla 3.8.4 to 3.8.5 there is a strange behavior on CB fields with Ajax verification

On the first page load, trying to input in these fields always give :
Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser.

Then if we reload the page one or two times, the correct Ajax behavior comes back with accurate verification

Did you notice the same ?

You can test here : activ-ha.com/en/inscription

For now it forbids any registration to the website

Seems like a problem with the call to
activ-ha.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=fieldclass&function=checkvalue&user=0&field=username&reason=register&format=raw

However in firebug all cookies are correctly set and I have no errors in js or in logs

We have also the same problem on lost username page when CB tries to check if the username exists

This may be related to www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238225-cookie-session-problem-for-some-users-not-all#301030 ?

It seems that the problems occur on firefox, safari and chrome.

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #301939 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Ajax field verification
Am replying to myself as this could be the beginning of the solution.
It seems like deactivating Jotcache for all CB pages solved the problem.
So could this be that Ajax calls have been cached by jot cache in the CB registration page ?

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #301941 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ajax field verification
Both Username and Captcha ajax validations working fine for me in Chrome and FireFox. Are you sure your browsers are up to date? What fields specifically are doing this in your tests?

So could this be that Ajax calls have been cached by jot cache in the CB registration page ?

Yes, that's certainly possible. Caching extensions should -never- cache format=raw and format=json calls. I've no idea why they still do this. Any page with an HTML form should also never be cached as it causes the security token to cache and be invalid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #301942 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Ajax field verification
All browsers on Mac OSX tested this morning

As I wrote, we just deactivated Jotcache for all CB pages and it seems to have solved the problem for now.

All the ajax validation had the same behavior with cookies error (username, alias, check on pass forgot)

I think we'll leave out cache for now on Cb pages and I'll report if we encounter the same problem again
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn