[SOLVED] PMS not working

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301925 by bcraigie
[SOLVED] PMS not working was created by bcraigie
RE: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/235585-pms-not-working?limitstart=0

I'm getting this too on CB 2.1.3

SEF is turned on, URL rewriting is turned on and .htaccess exists with the expected content.

The only folder containing pluginclass is

./components/com_comprofiler/views/pluginclass

There is no pms.mypmspro in there.

Have I something missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301978 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMS not working
Please avoid replying to very old topics and simply create a new topic linking to the old if you feel it is relevant as I've done for you.

Regarding your issue first ensure UddeIM component is installed. Once done publish Private Message System within CB > Plugin Management. Then within UddeIM > Integrations you may want to set "Use profile links" and "Show thumbnails" to use CB 2.0. If you want quick messaging be sure to publish the quick message tab within CB > Tab Management. That should be all you need to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bcraigie

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302029 by bcraigie
Replied by bcraigie on topic PMS not working
Apologies. I thought it was helpful to follow up as the problem was the same and there was no resolution to that thread.

I did some investigation and it is the "Quick Message" plugin that does not work.

In Community Builder -> Tab Management, I unpublished "Quick Message" (in the plugin column it says it is from "Private Message System" - I guess is broken or old, maybe lingering from a previous upgrade).

Instead, I published "Send message" (or on my system it showed as "_UDDEIM_PM_PMSTAB") and that has solved the problem for my site. :-)

I hope that helps others :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 2 months ago #302034 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PMS not working

Apologies. I thought it was helpful to follow up as the problem was the same and there was no resolution to that thread.

It generally is, but when a topic is a year old it tends to push old irrelevant information to the top of the forums. As a general guideline it's usually best to just make a new topic if the last reply in the topic is older than 6 months.

In Community Builder -> Tab Management, I unpublished "Quick Message" (in the plugin column it says it is from "Private Message System" - I guess is broken or old, maybe lingering from a previous upgrade).

Quick Message is included with CB and works with the Private Message System plugin, but if you installed UddeIMs CB plugin then you need to use UddeIMs quick message like tab instead. Basically use either/or but not both.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn