[SOLVED] After update all thumbnails have different sizes

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #301984 by Totoweb
Hello,

After updating CB from version 2.0.14 to 2.1.3 all thumbnails have different sizes. Of course all settings are the same. What could be the problem?

Correct thumbnails
act4you.nl/modellen-artiesten/alle-artiesten.html

Thumbnails after update

Password protected directory;

[REMOVED]

test.act4you.nl/modellen-artiesten/alle-artiesten.html

Kind regards,
Raoul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301992 by krileon
These are public forums please do not post credentials here.

All your images appear to be 300x300 and forced to such a size at time of upload. Since images on your updated site are not sticking to that my guess is those parameters broke at some point. Edit your avatar field and ensure the parameters match the site that's working.

I would say it was a CSS issue, but doesn't appear you're using any sort of CSS to force a specific sizing on your userlist. An alternative could be some sort of image optimization functionality of a 3rd party extension. I know JCH Optimizer has such a functionality, but am not aware of it running this automatically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301997 by Totoweb
Hello Krileon,

I do have JCH plugin but i'm not using it on this site. All settings are the same as on the live site. Only updating should not cause this problem I think? Any other suggestion?

Regards,
Raoul

6 years 2 months ago #302005 by krileon
CB does not reprocess images. All the source images on the second site you provided had various width and heights where on your first site you provided were all 300x300 in source. So they were stored that way. It is quite literally impossible for CB to have done this. It has no code to do this. Review your avatar field parameters and compare the two sites as it seams those avatars were uploaded like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #302006 by krileon
I've reviewed both sites again. The URL paths on the site where they're 300x300 are from a cached resource. Their paths are as follows for example.

/images/cache/IMAGE.jpg

That is not where CB stores its images and something 3rd party installed has processed them and made them squared. CBs are stored as follows and is what your second site is outputting.

/images/comprofiler/IMAGE.jpg

If you want 300x300 forced by CB you can do this by adjusting the avatar fields parameters as needed, but it's not going to reprocess existing images.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 1 month ago #302206 by Totoweb
We found out that the thumbnails change after you put the clone after a password protected directory. Problem is solved.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn