CB Subs Invoices

6 years 1 month ago #302051 by 3cellhosting
CB Subs Invoices was created by 3cellhosting
Hello all,

I have checked documentation and searched forums and come up blank.

My client has asked if it is possible to send the renewal invoice as an attachment to a member's renewal notification email.

It seems like a sensible thing to me but apparently that does not happen.

Any advice please?

Cheers

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302053 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CB Subs Invoices
There is no way to attach, but in nightly CBSubs there is an experimental substitution for HTML emails that you can experiment with (but no guarantees as not yet released) to include the invoice or basket in an email of CBSubs (like mail on completed basket):

[INVOICE_CONTENT_HTML]
[[INVOICE_ITEMS_HTML]
[BASKET_CONTENT_HTML]

Maybe that helps?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

6 years 1 month ago #302056 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Subs Invoices
Hello

Is this in next build ?
For now with email auto action there is no substitution of [INVOICE_CONTENT_HTML] with
trigger : onCPayAfterPaymentStatusUpdateEvent
condition : $unifiedStatus ([var4]) = Pending

Do you have the same trigger/cond with mailer ?

thanks

6 years 1 month ago #302058 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Invoices
CB Auto Actions doesn't load CBSubs substitutions so without using PHP and making the necessary API calls you can only use those substitutions within CBSubs it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302071 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Subs Invoices
In order to use the full power of CB mailer and be able to send invoices which should be paid offline or by bank transfer, could you simply add this trigger to the list of CB mailer available settings :
trigger : onCPayAfterPaymentStatusUpdateEvent
condition : $unifiedStatus ([var4]) = Pending

That would allow to send the [INVOICE_CONTENT_HTML] by email as soon as the basket is marked as pending.

Then customers could print the invoice/email and we could direct the email as BCC to an outside system to archive or manage invoices.

Your idea about this ?

6 years 1 month ago #302074 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Invoices
We already have a feature ticket to extend the CBSubs emails with additional substitutions, including the one you're wanting to use, but this isn't an easy implementation mainly because those emails act on subscription state changes and don't include the basket which is where the invoice details come from (a basket is an invoice in CBSubs).

As for CB Auto Actions no that won't be possible as that's just not how it works. It doesn't have a clue what your trigger is, the variables of that trigger, or what to do with those variables. It's basically just a state machine waiting for an event to act on. So no it can't do what you're wanting as it doesn't know CBSubs even exists let alone that it has substitutions. You have to use PHP if you want access to that information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds