fields on profile not showing after upgrades

6 years 1 month ago #302146 by fdinkler
For the past year, after CB 2 was released, I've noticed a recurring error when installing upgrades.
The password and user params fields are removed from the profile (e.g. set as "not on Profile") when they were originally set as "show on Profile".

There was one update last December when this didn't happen, and I had hoped it was resolved, but I just performed an update today, and the same situation happened.

So, I routinely recheck these fields after updating CB components and have to return them to visible on the profile. This is a minor irritant, but others will be upgrading after me, and they may not know this quirk.

Can you ensure that current field display settings are preserved across updates?
Thanks,
Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302165 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic fields on profile not showing after upgrades
That's not a bug. It's fixing a configuration error on your part. Password and params field should never be set to display on profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302172 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic fields on profile not showing after upgrades
Really?... so how would a user change their preferred language? or reset their password?
Fred

6 years 1 month ago #302175 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic fields on profile not showing after upgrades
It doesn't need to be shown on profile to do that. It just needs to be shown in profile edit and installing CB shouldn't be resetting that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn