[PASSWORD] string not being replaced

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302438 by fdinkler
[PASSWORD] string not being replaced was created by fdinkler
CB is configured as two-step, with system-generated passwords.
After Moderator approval, the email with the password does not have the password, only the replaceable string [PASSWORD]
The string [DETAILS] does work, so I used that as a work-around.

This is the email template from Configuration -> Registration:
Welcome [NAME], Your registration has been approved by our administration team. 
Your account with the following details: 
Name: [NAME]
Username: [USERNAME]
Password: [PASSWORD] has been activated.

This was what the user received:
Welcome Warley Macedo, Your registration has been approved by our administration team. 
Your account with the following details: 
Name: Warley Macedo, 
Username: Warley Macedo 
Password: [PASSWORD] has been activated.

I am fully patched and up to date on all components, modules and plug-ins.
Hosted at Bluehost, system info:
PHP Built On Linux box291.bluehost.com 3.10.0-693.11.6.1.ELK.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 23 10:30:30 MST 2018 x86_64
Database Version 5.6.32-78.1
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 5.6.32
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.8.5 Stable [ Amani ] 6-February-2018 15:00 GMT

Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 weeks ago #302459 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [PASSWORD] string not being replaced
Are you using CBSubs and subscribing while registering? If so you may need to configure your plans to require confirmation or approval before payment. With generated passwords 1 is set with the pending email (to allow resend of confirmation) and 1 is sent with the welcome email (to actually login).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 weeks ago #302461 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic [PASSWORD] string not being replaced
Kyle -
Yes, CB Subs is configured as you state above, and it was working as advertised until recently.
I don't have the exact date/time the string stopped being replaced.
I'm using the [DETAILS] string instead, and it is working as expected.
Fred

6 years 3 weeks ago #302472 by krileon
Strange, details just adds [password] to it so using [password] it self should work fine. Are you using any CB Auto Actions during the registration process? It's possible the password field got nulled resulting in the substitution not working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305347 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic [PASSWORD] string not being replaced
I am trying to use an auto action to send the password to a user I can send the username fine but [password] returns empty as well. Did you find a resolution here?

5 years 9 months ago #305353 by krileon
You can't use [password] as a substitution except at extremely specific cases. They are as follows.

1. after registration
2. after login
3. after profile update IF password was changed

In all other cases [password] substitution is set to NULL and won't substitute anything. I highly do not recommend emailing passwords.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn