Antispam IP Address - Search

6 years 4 weeks ago #302440 by webtechplus
Antispam IP Address - Search was created by webtechplus
Good morning folks,
I have a questions we have a site which has a large list of users, we have noticed that some clients are creating multiple accounts and are using the Same IP address, currently there are over 8790+ users on the site.

We would like to make the 'moderate-users/searching' menu item able to search through the lists for and IP address, what we have discovered is that at present you cannot enable 'Searchable'

Error Message
"Cannot batch process row id 95 because: Calculated fields cannot be searchable!"

The only way this can be searched at present is to go to a page with the list active and user the browser search 'Ctrl F'
This is not very effective with over 200+ users as you cannot load them all on the screen at once without crashing the load time.

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 weeks ago #302455 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Antispam IP Address - Search
The CB AntiSpam IP Address field is not searchable as it either uses the ip address stored to a user at time of registration or the one in CB AntiSpam Log. You can search the CB AntiSpam log, but that's about it as far as searching by ip address. CB AntiSpam has duplicate registration protection feature you can enable though and will block duplicate registrations from same ip address.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308236 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic Antispam IP Address - Search
Krileon,
We are touching base on this feature again now cause we have had a large number of duplicate accounts created and we have turned on the IP feature but it does not appear to be working correctly.

Current settings are;
Menu
Block Account - Enable
Block User - Enable
Block IP Address - Enable
Block Email Address - Enable
Block Email Domain - Disable
Whitelist User - Enable
Whitelist IP Address - Enable
Whitelist Email Address - Enable
Whitelist Email Domain - Disable

Login
- Duplicates
Block = Enable
Active Logins = 10
Block Method = Block IP Address
Block Duration = +1 DAY
Block Reason = We have detected that you have logged in more then 10 times, please sign out, before attempting to login again.

- Sharing
Block = Enabled
Share Limit = 10
Share Timeframe = -1 DAY
Block Method = Deny Login
Block Duration = +1 HOUR
Block Reason = We have detected that you are using a shared IP Address, this IP address has been used more then 10 times in 24 hours.
Please wait 1 Hour before attempting to login again.

-Auto Block
Block = Enabled
Share Limit = 10
Share Timeframe = -1 HOUR
Block Method = Deny Login
Block Duration = +1 HOUR
Block Reason = We have detected that your accounts has failed multiple times to login in the last hour.
Please wait 1 Hour before attempting to login again.

Registration
- Duplicates
Block - Enable
Account Limit - 1
Duplicates Timeframe - BLANK
Block Method - Block IP Address
Block Duration - +1 MONTH
Block Reason - Our system has detected that you already have an account. Your IP Address has been logged and blocked for 1 Month.

- Auto Block
Block = Enabled
Share Limit = 10
Share Timeframe = -1 DAY
Block Method = Block IP Address
Block Duration = +1 MONTH
Block Reason = Our system has detected that you have too many failed registration attempts. Your IP Address has been logged and blocked for 1 Month.

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

5 years 4 months ago #308244 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Antispam IP Address - Search
What do you mean by it's not working correctly? Is it not blocking users? You setup the duplicate login limit to 10 so it's not going to do anything until an account has been logged into by more than 10 different ip addresses; that seams a bit generous. The below defaults are tested working fine to block duplicate logins.

Duplicates
Active Logins: 1
Block Method: Deny Login
Block Duration: +1 HOUR

Sharing
Share Limit: 10
Share Timeframe: -1 MONTH
Block Method: Logout Current Session
Block Duration: +1 HOUR

You probably don't need Auto Block. That's to stop failed login attempts and don't recommend it unless you've a lot of brute force attempts. You really should only need the Duplicates feature as it prevents more than 1 session for a single account. The below works pretty well for ensuring only 1 person can login to an account at a given time.

Duplicates
Active Logins: 1
Block Method: Logout Current Session

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn