[SOLVED] Member Social Media Links In Profile

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302462 by bins
I am embarrassed to ask this, but is there anything 'out of the box' to allow users to add their social media names/links to their profile?

I can create relevant fields, but do not want to re-invent the wheel.

I know cb_connect is there, but I do not want to use the links externally/for signup/login. However, if I can get dual functionality, I will consider, but as last option!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302469 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Member Social Media Links In Profile
CB Connect otherwise you'd need to create fields and do the linking your self using the layout of your fields.

I know cb_connect is there, but I do not want to use the links externally/for signup/login. However, if I can get dual functionality, I will consider, but as last option!

You can utilize both. Existing CB accounts can link their social media profiles and login traditionally or with a social media login. Note not all social providers have profile URLs that can be easily constructed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302592 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Member Social Media Links In Profile
Is there a way to switch the login part off and only use it for SM interaction?

6 years 1 month ago #302604 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Member Social Media Links In Profile
Yes, within CB Connect under a providers Login tab you can set "Button Style" to "Disabled". That should hide the button for login purposes. Next under Registration set "Register" to "No". This just leaves the Linking functionality for linking social media accounts to their existing account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302706 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Member Social Media Links In Profile
Many thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn