[#7065] Username format -> This profile does not exist or is no longer available

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302745 by heyai
We're encountering errors when trying to view profiles of users with all-number or starting-with-numbers usernames. In our case the profile urls are like this:

sitename/component/comprofiler/userprofile/*
sitename/me/profile/*

* can be numbers only or starting numbers followed by a dash

Error
This profile does not exist or is no longer available

These profiles are accessible when using the user ID instead of the username.

Now, is there any good way to filter for this when users sign up? (I don't speak regex)

Joomla! 3.8.5
CB 2.1.3 (can't update yet, need to test on clone site)
PHP 7.0.27
Joomla URL rewriting on

Please let me know if you need any further information.
Apologies if this has been posted before, I couldn't find relevant topics.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302771 by krileon
Users profiles that can be accessed by username have a URL safe username. Those that can't don't have a URL safe username and will have their profile URL prefixed with their user id. This is all working as intended and can not be filtered out. To avoid this you can allow users to use the Profile URL (alias) field where they can supply their own name to be displayed in their profile URL, which will be saved as URL safe so it'll always work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302777 by heyai
Thanks, Kyle. Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand correctly.
Wherever there is a link to these users' profiles (in kunena, online users module, newest user module etc.) their profile is linked using their username as above and the profile can't be accessed. Their profile URL is not prefixed with their user id. Is there a setting I'm missing?

6 years 1 month ago #302783 by krileon
I've no idea what'd be doing that then. Are you using a 3rd party SEF extension? Is CB completely up to date? The user id should only be prefixed if it needs to be.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302794 by heyai
Joomla's own SEF only. Everything's up to date, except CB 2.1.3.

I just double-checked and saw that numbers-only usernames do get the ID prefix as you described. The username that isn't working for: 24-bit

6 years 1 month ago #302796 by krileon
Update CB and see if your issue persists. I don't know what to suggest. We turn a username into a URL safe alias using Joomlas own routing functions. If the username doesn't equal the new URL safe username we prefix the user id since we won't be able to match it to a user. If they are equal then user id isn't prefixed since we can match it to a user. Do any of our products have issues linking to profiles or is it just other extensions we didn't develop as it could be a matter of those extensions constructing the URLs incorrectly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn