Some checkboxes not working

6 years 1 month ago #302939 by sclarke
Some checkboxes not working was created by sclarke
Hi,
We just updated to the latest versions of CB , Joomla 3.8.5 and CB Subs.

We have some checkboxes on our Registration page. Some of them work and others you can't check since the upgrade.

See this page: www.staging.stuntlist.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=registers. The checkboxes for "I am a Stunt Coordinator" and "Apprentice - under 6 stunt credits" won't check, but the other 3 do. All of the checkboxes except the "I am a Stunt Performer" have a condtion set on them. But 2 with conditions work and 2 with conditions don't work.

Any idea why the checkboxes aren't working or what to look for?

I turned debug on for the Apprentice field and go this message:
Error
Field 129 condition 1 (AND) of 1 (OR) failed to match with: "0" Equal To "1"

which I have no idea what that means.

When I turned debug on for the Coodinator field I got this message:
Field 132 condition 1 (AND) of 1 (OR) failed to match with: "0" Equal To "1" as well.

Any idea as to what is wrong?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Some checkboxes not working
You've an infinite loop configured with CB Conditional. Looks like you've cb_coordinator field conditioning it self, which you can't do anywhere except profile view as in edit views it'll get stuck in a loop of resetting it self and triggering conditions over and over.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302980 by sclarke
Replied by sclarke on topic Some checkboxes not working
Hi Kyle,

This has been working up until the new upgrade of CB. This is how I have the CB Conditional field set on cb_coordinator:

and this is how it looks on the live site where CB hasn't been upgraded:

It is using cb_apprentice field not itself, so not sure what is wrong with that. It has all been working until the upgrade.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #302983 by krileon
There's a loop somewhere. Is cb_apprentice conditioning cb_coordinator?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #303104 by sclarke
Replied by sclarke on topic Some checkboxes not working
Hi,
Yes, cb_apprentice conditions cb_coordinator.

I have 5 checkboxes (Coordinator, Performer, Puller, Rigger & Apprentice). If cb_apprentice is checked then I don't want the other 4 checkboxes to display at registration. If any of the 4 checkboxes Coordinator, Performer, Puller, Rigger are checked then I don't want Apprentice to show. Is there a way to do this with the new CB Conditions?

I tried changing cb_apprentice to hide if it is 0 but that still doesn't work:

But I get something different on the frontend for errors now:
Error
Field 132 condition 1 (AND) of 1 (OR) failed to match with: "0" Equal To "1"
Field 129 condition 1 (AND) of 1 (OR) matched with: "0" Equal To "0"

field 129 is cb_apprentice and field 132 is cb_coordinator.

Note that I am using auto actions to go to the registration page with one of the 5 checkboxes already checked. I just need to make sure that the different fields show/hide depending on the checkbox settings.

Thank you.
Attachments:

6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #303114 by krileon
Ok, so you've cb_coordinator conditioning cb_apprentice and cb_apprentice conditioning cb_coordinator. In your screenshot you also have cb_apprentice conditioning it self. You've created an infinite loop. You can't do this. When a fields value is reset the conditions attached to it are triggered. This is to allow chaining conditions together. They're just constantly triggering each others conditions in this case. Your only option would be to turn off value resetting within CB Conditional plugin parameters, but you will lose the ability to reliably chain conditions together.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn