Stop Mailers email if user has an active other plan

6 years 1 month ago #303106 by sclarke
Hi,

We did a membership fee increase, which meant that we had to make new plans for our members at the increased rate.

We have a mailer that gets sent when a member's plan has expired and the grace period has expired. What is happening is that members are getting the expired plan mailer message when there old plan has expired, even if they have started a new subscription plan at the increased price.

The new plan is just added to the member's existing plans, but really their old plan should be expired when the buy the new plan, not wait until the expiry date plus grace period to expire. Is there a way to do this automatically with the new plan. (Note that everyone has a free plan and they may have a paid plan as well).

The second question is there a way to stop the mailer emails from going out when the members old plan expires if they already have purchased a new plan? Can we use the Mailer Conditions to set this up and if so, what would we use?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #303115 by krileon
Edit your mailer and under the Conditions tab set "First condition" to "NOT this condition:". Next select your new plan for "Any of the following plans subscriptions". Then set "Must be in state" to "Active". This should prevent that mailer from sending if your new plan is active. You will need 2 mailers though. 1 for the old plan and 1 for the new plan if you want an expiration mailer to send when the new plan expires.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn