Workaround for CBsubs recurring payment invoicing

6 years 1 week ago #303150 by activha
Hi

I am opening this new thread as things did not move for the last year on this subject and we need to find a solution for our clients.

Beat severely answered on my last post regarding basket and invoicing for recurring payments, and we have no other choices than trying to find a workaround or move to another subscription software, if we want to comply with regulations.

Concerning post #6647 and a suggestion made by Kyle last year which was :

You could do [column_invoice][id] to suffix the payment row id or [column_txn_id] to output the transaction id (not all gateways provide this so could be empty), which is unique per payment. Aside from that I guess you could adjust the query to find out what payment count it is (e.g. if is 3rd, 4th, etc..) and suffix that to the invoice directly in the query.

Would it be possible to pass one or two arguments to the invoice link and then retrieve these arguments to add a recurring number to the invoice number ?

For instance, do you have a trigger to alter the invoice before display ? or if not what should we write in the invoice php file in order to be able to append the invoice number with something ?

What would be needed is the payment date and the payment transaction id which are uniques :
- payment day
- payment month
- payment year
- payment transaction id

So as Kyle suggested, we could use the link
<td><a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&user=[user_id]&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpact=showinvoice&cbpinvoice=[column_payment_basket_id]&tmpl=component" target="_blank">[column_invoice]</a></td>
And maybe simply add
&paymentday=xxx&paymentmonth=xxx&paymentyear=xxx

Then we could output a unique invoice number per payment which would have the basket id and the invoice number automatically computed with an added unique string depending on the payment date.

We would also use the payment date to have an invoice corresponding to the payment period.

That is not very regulatory as we should have a unique invoice number (even for recurring baskets), but that could be a sufficient workaround for now

This would allow us to move to Stripe SEPA and automate our users subscription as we are still on Ogone Ingenico and stuck with SLIMPAY SEPA and no automation.

Hope you will understand that it’s not another repetition for asking a needed feature but a way to find a workaround to continue using CBsubs.

Thanks for understanding

Regards
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #303152 by beat
Hi activha,

Please see my reply that you are mentioning here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/238719-solved-7064-invoice-with-partial-total-refund?start=6

My reply isn't severe, it just reminded some basics that were repeated several times, on a packed day.

Please see the proposed solutions in my answer (to use payments "transaction records traces" as "receipts" in your case, which is pretty standard practice for auto-recurring payments) and let's continue the constructive discussion there instead of opening yet another thread please.

Should I merge your post here to the other thread or just mark this thread as closed ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

6 years 1 week ago #303153 by beat
And to also reply to your suggestion in this thread: It is security-wise not a good idea to take a (potentially) user-supplied data in the link and to use it as a direct input to display official information. Most probably not compliant to your local regulations as you mentioned.

If we spend time, we don't want to spend it to do "bricolages". ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn