[SOLVED] language files CBsubs

6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #303246 by mikerotec
[SOLVED] language files CBsubs was created by mikerotec
I'm trying to change the text that says:

To read more, a subscription is needed: Click here to subscribe

I found what seems to be 'the language file' here

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish/english.php

Edits to lines 566 / 567

Was
"To read more, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe"													=>	"To read more, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe",
"To read this article, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe"											=>	"To read this article, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe",
Now
"To read more, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe"													=>	" To read more, please sign in. If not yet a paid member, please subscribe by clicking here.",
"To read this article, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe"											=>	" To read more, please sign in. If not yet a paid member, please subscribe by clicking here.",

I cleared the Joomla caches, and it's still displaying the wrong (original) message. Where can I edit this text?

The current docs ( Page 546 of 579) point to language.php in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscription-en-gb

but I do not HAVE that folder in my installation, I only have

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 weeks ago #303249 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic language files CBsubs
Use language overrides as shown below to override language strings. This works fine for CBSubs strings as well. The English language plugin for CBSubs is obsolete since the defaults included with CBSubs are already English.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Please don't double post. We'll move the topic if necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #303250 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic language files CBsubs
"edit any language plugin" isn't very clear to me... where do I find this elusive language plugin? I don't see it CB plugins...

Ah, found it ( Default language!)

OK thanks again

6 years 3 weeks ago #303252 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic language files CBsubs
CB comes with English default language plugin already installed. It's at the very top of CB > Plugin Management. You can add your overrides there if you're overriding English strings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn