Auto Action Email CC/BCC no longer working

6 years 2 weeks ago #303343 by boyjahq
I have a few Auto Actions that email the user at various points in the registration process and we have those mails set to BCC our admin email address. Up to 2-3 weeks ago they worked perfectly. Then suddenly the BCC function quit working. The user gets the email notification but admin no longer does. We did not change anything in these Auto Actions--probably the only thing that changed was an update or 2 to CB and Auto Actions in the last few weeks. We have tried creating new Auto Actions to see if somehow the old ones had become corrupted in some way. We have tried changing the BCC email address and tried putting the address into the CC spot instead of BCC. None if that made any difference. And of course we check our junk mailbox. Is there something recent on that side that might have impacted this aspect of the Auto Action email?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303354 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action Email CC/BCC no longer working
Try creating a new auto action and including them in the To address. It's possible they're just not receiving emails at all. Have you checked your spam folder to see if they're going to spam? Can you email them from CB > User Management using the Mass Mailer button?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303907 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Auto Action Email CC/BCC no longer working
This issue is not related to a specific email address. We tried many different addresses that we have access to and found that the email Autoaction is no longer sending email to BCC or CC addresses, even thought the registered user is getting the emails.

After much experimentation it turns out that by having "Content Plugins" set to "Yes" under the paramaters tab is the culprit. If we set this to "No", then emails send to CC and BCC addresses.

Since we have had this set to "Yes" from the time we originally created these Autoactions and they worked as intended and then they suddenly stopped working, there must be some change on that side that caused the "Content Plugins" set to "Yes" setting to interfere with sending mail using the email Autoaction?

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303915 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Action Email CC/BCC no longer working
Enable content plugins again then unpublish Joomla content plugins 1 by 1 within Extensions > Plugins. It's likely a content plugin is altering the email address or if using a substitution maybe a conflict with CB Content Bot. Please note you should only enable content plugins if you actually need Joomla content plugins to parse the email. If a content plugin is causing this and it has a context exclude parameter you can exclude the com_comprofiler.autoaction context to prevent it from running on auto actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn