Main Menu not showing in article in CB

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303504 by cc0623
I cannot get the main menu on my website to show on CB pages. This only happens on CB Pages. I checked the back of the module and all CB Pages are selected. Any ideas why or how I can fix this issue? My version of Joomla and CB are current and I am not using a CB template.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #303509 by cc0623
Replied by cc0623 on topic Main Menu not showing in article in CB
I solved my issue. I could not get the main menu to show on the CB Profile Page but I did create a menu by creating a tab & field then typing in the title and linking it to the associated page in the website. I do not understand why a module with a Joomla menu does not show on a cb page though.

6 years 1 week ago #303516 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Main Menu not showing in article in CB
CB has no control over that. Module display is entirely based off menu assignment and module positions. You'd need to have a Joomla menu item for CBs profile page then simply assign your modules to it. If you also have a different Joomla template assigned to CBs profile page then be sure to check the module positions available to that template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303529 by cc0623
Replied by cc0623 on topic Main Menu not showing in article in CB
That's what I thought. I created the CB Page, menu, then the module, and assigned the module to the template position (Joomla template position) and published it, assigned the menu module to the CB Page and it did not show up. So then I created another menu and module specifically to be used for the CB Pages only then I changed the template for the CB Pages to Flexistrap and chose a position in flexistrap and it did not show up.

Finally to resolve my issue and force a menu on to the CB page I created a tab and field and added in the page links. It would have been a whole lot simpler if I could just add the existing menu across all page assignments though because I have more CB Pages to make and making the menu links for all the pages will be a hassle.

6 years 1 week ago #303531 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Main Menu not showing in article in CB
Don't know what to tell you. That isn't controlled by CB. The only way for CB to control modules is CBSubs to hide modules based off subscription. My guess is the module position you're using isn't available on CBs profile pages for whatever reason. Try using a different module position that guarantees it'd display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.514 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn