CB Connect Steam Issue

6 years 2 weeks ago #303510 by webtechplus
CB Connect Steam Issue was created by webtechplus
Hi,

Our client has notified us that CB is not logging in users who have opted to login using Steam on their site. Users are being redirected back to the site after signing in but are not being correctly logged into the site.

Have there been any changes to CB or Steams API recently that might be causing this as our configuration has not been altered recently and this issue only started yesterday.

Thanks

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #303515 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect Steam Issue
Looks like Steam no longer responds to POST requests for some reason when verifying authentication. Fixed to GET and confirmed working in latest build released now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, webtechplus

6 years 1 week ago #303557 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic CB Connect Steam Issue
Thanks this resolved the issue.
We have also noted that Facebook have changed what you can ask for in the API.
From what has happened this week i believe there will be more updates coming to all of the API's and its going to be an interesting time.

Its a shame that this area is so targeted.

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

6 years 1 week ago #303567 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect Steam Issue
If Facebook makes breaking changes we'll simply fix them. CB Connect is using its own custom namespaced library for communicating with these social providers so it's relatively easy to fix compared unique usages per social provider. CB Connect depends highly on people reporting issues with social providers as I simply don't have the time to test 25 different logins daily so please do let us know if any that you are using suddenly have issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: webtechplus

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn