is cb gallery / cb activity supposed to behave like this?

6 years 6 days ago #303599 by edmundcheong
I'm a user on cb trying to post a photo using cb activity on another user profile. Somehow the photo is not updated on the other user profile and this photo was uploaded in my media tab.

I'm trying to achieve something like facebook, if i post an image to another person profile, the image should appear on his/her wall as well as mine.
i'm currently using:
cb 2.1.4+build.2018.03.19.18.24.36.eaec2182a
cb gallery 2.2.0+build.2018.02.20.00.54.44.71ded709a
cb activity 4.2.1+build.2018.02.28.20.45.20.38cb85b8c

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 days ago #303610 by krileon
Navigate to another users profile that you're connected to then simply post on their wall. It'll display on their wall perfectly fine. As for where the media uploads it will always upload to your profile gallery. I've confirmed this works perfectly fine on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Simply login as User then navigate to Susan K. profile and post on the wall with a media upload. It'll display on Susan K. wall perfectly fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 days ago #303650 by edmundcheong
Demo site works fine.. I found out there's a missing step in uploading image via cb activity.. the demosite, after uploading (the completion bar is completed) and it shows the following highlighted in red:

However, my installation only tops at the following:

It does not have a preview of what image has been uploaded.. and when you click on "Post" it appears on the my profile gallery but not posted on the other person's profile activity..
Attachments:

6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #303654 by edmundcheong
FYI, i'm getting this error during installation of cb activity

500 - Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity` SET `asset` = CONCAT_WS( '.', 'profile', IF( `parent` != '', `parent`, `user_id` ) ) WHERE `type` = 'status'

could this be the issue? however, cb activity is functioning

6 years 5 days ago #303655 by krileon

It does not have a preview of what image has been uploaded.. and when you click on "Post" it appears on the my profile gallery but not posted on the other person's profile activity..

That's because the upload failed. Notice the progress bar is red. It should've displayed an error directly below it explaining why it failed though. Press F12 and observe the Console and Network tab for any failed HTTP requests during upload attempt.

FYI, i'm getting this error during installation of cb activity

Only reason for that to happen is your install isn't migrating. The database column "types" is determined if your install needs to be migrated or not. It should not exist after install as install will migrate type, subtype, item, and parent to asset then delete those columns.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 days ago #303670 by edmundcheong

krileon wrote: That's because the upload failed. Notice the progress bar is red. It should've displayed an error directly below it explaining why it failed though. Press F12 and observe the Console and Network tab for any failed HTTP requests during upload attempt.

Ive looked at console, and its giving this error

Failed to load resource: http://mypath/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgallery&action=item&func=save&folder=-1&gallery=913402365866fded6f16b9d890a0a1ea&cbsecuritym3=cbm_2db7ab97_1fba2ed7_e8b12673a0739476fd89d223740cc89e&Itemid=524&format=raw the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.625 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn