CB Privacy and Activity

6 years 1 week ago #303608 by haasdijk
CB Privacy and Activity was created by haasdijk
Because of Privacy regulation reasons i've set all personal details to private by default. I did this by making the default in cb privacy (privacy tab): private.
As a result all privacy selectors, including the one in cb activity posts are now private.
Is there a way that i can change the selector in CB Activity in public? Or did i just took the wrong turn in resolving the privacy regulation issue?

Regards,
Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #303618 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy and Activity

Is there a way that i can change the selector in CB Activity in public?

Change the default on a per-field or per-tab usage instead of globally to avoid this. The alternative is you'll need to make a copy of the system actions in CB Auto Actions that are adding the CB Activity privacy controls and change the default there.

Or did i just took the wrong turn in resolving the privacy regulation issue?

Making everything private doesn't make you GDPR complaint. Nor does it require you to make everything private. Suggest reviewing the GDPR again carefully to fully understand what is expected of you. Beyond the GDPR I've no idea what privacy regulations you're talking about.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: haasdijk

6 years 1 week ago #303632 by haasdijk
Replied by haasdijk on topic CB Privacy and Activity
OK, this works for me. I changed it to a per field usage and now the activity stream is by default "public".

One question though: Now that the privacy setting is globally "public", the default value for the field privacy_profile is also "public". I want it to be "private". But when i enter "private" in the default registration value for this field new user profiles still are "public" by default.

6 years 1 week ago #303634 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy and Activity

One question though: Now that the privacy setting is globally "public", the default value for the field privacy_profile is also "public". I want it to be "private". But when i enter "private" in the default registration value for this field new user profiles still are "public" by default.

Edit the privacy_profile field then under Parameters > Display you can adjust the Default parameter as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn