[SOLVED] About birthday data field and CB Privacy

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303886 by lucablue
Hi,
as other fields into my registration form I've set the birthday data field visible into profile but with user privacy select to whom shows it.

Into the registration form, near the data field there is the CB Privacy dropdown menu to choose the privacy but into profile edit there is no more...

Other kind of field I've set with same configuration the privacy is selectable both from registration form as into profile editing.

Anyone knows why this difference and how can I leave user select to choose if his/her birthday date is shown or not (not only into registration form but also into profile editing)?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303890 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic About birthday data field and CB Privacy
The field isn't visible in profile edit or the privacy controls aren't visible in profile edit? Please be sure you're using CB profile edit. Ensure the field is set to display on profile edit and that you haven't disabled its visibility in profile edit from CB Privacy using "Edit Display" parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303910 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic About birthday data field and CB Privacy
Only the Privacy button, near the DATA, field isn't visible into edit profile (both from front-end and from back end).

The same button is present on other fields. The settings are the same for all fields.

5 years 11 months ago #303917 by krileon
Strange, privacy controls appear to be working fine in my tests for date, datetime, and time fields. Are you sure the field is set to display on profile? If not it won't display privacy controls as the field isn't set to display at all. If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as the name of the field that's causing issues in your PM and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303928 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. The privacy controls do not display for cb_birthday, because you set cb_birthday to not display on profile. No one can see it unless you substitute in the raw field value with [FIELD_NAME], which isn't protected by CB Privacy anyway. Set the field to display on profile if you'd like to control its visibility with privacy controls.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 11 months ago #303934 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic About birthday data field and CB Privacy
Hi,
originally it was published on profile, but since the privacy doesn't work I've set not published.
Now I've set again it to publish on profile and as you can see nothing is changed: not privacy button near birthday date.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn