[SOLVED] About Kunena plug in

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303935 by lucablue
[SOLVED] About Kunena plug in was created by lucablue
Hi,
I've read to set up the kunena integration plug in into Community Builder I need to choose if I use K 2.x or 3.x.
The problem is I use K 5.0.x I've to set it to 3.x? Will be there any upgrade on this plug in to chose K 5 and above in the future?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303947 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic About Kunena plug in
That's mostly an API version selector and the API between 3.x and 5.x is unchanged. We add a new version as the API requires it. So you're fine selecting 3.x while using 5.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303960 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic About Kunena plug in
Perfect, thank you, but I not understanding 1 thing:

I've used the parameter to link some kunena data with CB profile data but seems not work. Another issue is: How can I add SIGN TEXT AREA to CB Profile to be used with kunena (it's normally present into kunena profile page).

Finally, as you described me in another thread, I've created the cb_gruppoutente to show in some areas of website if the user is member of one specified gropup, using [cb:if....] instructions. How can I show this personal HTML field to side bar profile of kunena?

Thank you, as always :)

5 years 11 months ago #303966 by lucablue

lucablue wrote: Perfect, thank you, but I not understanding 1 thing:

I've used the parameter to link some kunena data with CB profile data but seems not work. Another issue is: How can I add SIGN TEXT AREA to CB Profile to be used with kunena (it's normally present into kunena profile page).

Finally, as you described me in another thread, I've created the cb_gruppoutente to show in some areas of website if the user is member of one specified gropup, using [cb:if....] instructions. How can I show this personal HTML field to side bar profile of kunena?

Thank you, as always :)

About "Sign" under kunena forum posts: I've created into CB Fields a Text Area Editor called "Firma" and then into CB Forum Plug in I've associated it to "Sign" field of Kunena. I was in my CB Profile Edit and written something into the Text Area field but it's not shown into kunena posts...

I don't understand why.

5 years 11 months ago #303968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic About Kunena plug in

When you save your profile it passes the field values that you selected to the users Kunena profile. This can be used for signature as well. It only passes this information on profile save (or of course after new registration).

You can substitute your field into the sidebar parameters. For Custom HTML fields you'll want to use [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] syntax since [FIELD_NAME] is for raw database stored values, which Custom HTML fields don't have.

About "Sign" under kunena forum posts: I've created into CB Fields a Text Area Editor called "Firma" and then into CB Forum Plug in I've associated it to "Sign" field of Kunena. I was in my CB Profile Edit and written something into the Text Area field but it's not shown into kunena posts...

Navigate to Tools page in Kunena then click Synchronize Users and retry to see if that solves your issue. Your user may not exist in Kunena for some reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304039 by lucablue

krileon wrote:

When you save your profile it passes the field values that you selected to the users Kunena profile. This can be used for signature as well. It only passes this information on profile save (or of course after new registration).

Ok, now it works for me, but I've another issue: I've set the "sign" field in CB as "Editor Area Text" to permit users to use html to personalize their own sign but into kunena forum it's not shown correclty becouse it accept only bbcode.

Is there a possibility to use the joomla editor but translate it in bbcode instead of html, only for this field?

I've tried to use the simple "AREA TEXT" but in this case user can only write text, except if he knows bbcode, but I don't think is the case of users of my website.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn