[SOLVED] About Kunena plug in

5 years 11 months ago #304041 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic About Kunena plug in
HTML doesn't work in Kunena signatures. Only BBCode is permitted.

Is there a possibility to use the joomla editor but translate it in bbcode instead of html, only for this field?

No.

I've tried to use the simple "AREA TEXT" but in this case user can only write text, except if he knows bbcode, but I don't think is the case of users of my website.

Use a textarea field and then either add BBCode usage examples below/above it with a Custom HTML field or add that to the textarea fields description or layout parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304044 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic About Kunena plug in

lucablue wrote:

krileon wrote:

I've used the parameter to link some kunena data with CB profile data but seems not work. Another issue is: How can I add SIGN TEXT AREA to CB Profile to be used with kunena (it's normally present into kunena profile page).

When you save your profile it passes the field values that you selected to the users Kunena profile. This can be used for signature as well. It only passes this information on profile save (or of course after new registration).

Ok, now it works for me, but I've another issue: I've set the "sign" field in CB as "Editor Area Text" to permit users to use html to personalize their own sign but into kunena forum it's not shown correclty becouse it accept only bbcode.

Is there a possibility to use the joomla editor but translate it in bbcode instead of html, only for this field?

I've tried to use the simple "AREA TEXT" but in this case user can only write text, except if he knows bbcode, but I don't think is the case of users of my website.

I've changed it as "AREA TEXT" and inserting the bbcode it works perfectly into kunena forum, I think should be a plug in field to use "AREA BBCODE TEXT", a field like "AREA TEXT" but with a simply bbcode editor with icons, like into the forum, don't you think? ;)

5 years 11 months ago #304046 by krileon
We've no plans to make a BBCode field specifically for the purpose of Kunena. Simply add a descriptive field below it or above it using a Custom HTML field or adding it directly to the fields description it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucablue

5 years 11 months ago #304051 by lucablue

krileon wrote:

Finally, as you described me in another thread, I've created the cb_gruppoutente to show in some areas of website if the user is member of one specified gropup, using [cb:if....] instructions. How can I show this personal HTML field to side bar profile of kunena?

You can substitute your field into the sidebar parameters. For Custom HTML fields you'll want to use [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] syntax since [FIELD_NAME] is for raw database stored values, which Custom HTML fields don't have.

Ok, I've tried and works but if I put the command into sidebar parameters disappears all the defaults parameters of kunena...

Is there a page where are listed all substition commands to ricreate from scratch the side bar (avatar, private message, karma and so on)?

Thank you

5 years 11 months ago #304055 by krileon

Ok, I've tried and works but if I put the command into sidebar parameters disappears all the defaults parameters of kunena...

Correct, it's a complete override.

Is there a page where are listed all substition commands to ricreate from scratch the side bar (avatar, private message, karma and so on)?

Please read the parameter description as it provides those there.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 11 months ago #304081 by lucablue

krileon wrote:

Please read the parameter description as it provides those there.

I've read, but miss avatar and other parameter... are cb parameters or kunena? Where have I to search?
Moreover, is not possible to insert the cb param into php of label file of kunena?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn