[#7125] Stripe Sepa mismatch with promotion use

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303946 by activha
Hello

We have a plan with first payment 60 € for one month, then recurring 30 € each month.
We have a promotion used to lower the first payment down to 30 € is needed.

We just noticed that when this promotion is used with Stripe SEPA payments, we have notifications mismatch with fraud attempt IPN code hash.

This occurred twice this morning for two different customers.
The error log are : stripe Stripe IPN fraud attempt. ERROR: id de transaction non autorisé: Traduction invalide.

The transactions then are marked as completed and paid in CBsubs while the payment are stil marked as pending in Stripe Dashboard

Can you tell us if this will pose a problem for the next monthly recurring payments ?
Can you have a look at what can happen ?

Thanks a lot
Regards
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Sepa mismatch with promotion use
Is the plan recurring payments? If so check the plan assigned to the customer at Stripe and see if it's showing the proper invoices billed to them. First payment should be a payment independent from the subscription (just a charge) with the start date of the recurring subscription being when the initial duration ends.

I'm guessing that's a translation of the "illegal transaction id" error, which is thrown during IPN validation if a recurring payment comes through with no charge or invoice id, which I'm not sure how is even possible.

Does it strictly only do this when a promotion is used? The same plan without a promotion works fine?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303953 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Stripe Sepa mismatch with promotion use

Is the plan recurring payments?

Yes this is a monthly recurring plan with a different first payment.

see if it's showing the proper invoices billed to them

No the invoice shown at Stripe is Amount due €0.00 instead of the correct amount which is €45.00 on the CBsubs invoice/basket

First payment should be a payment independent from the subscription (just a charge) with the start date of the recurring subscription being when the initial duration ends.

Stripe shows the status as TRIALING for the customer for the subscription. There is no initial charge but the zero invoice.The events for the customer are :
david@xxx has a new invoice for €0.00
david@xxx's invoice for €0.00 was paid
david@xxx subscribed to the xxxxxx plan

Does it strictly only do this when a promotion is used? The same plan without a promotion works fine?

Yes the same plan without a promotion works fine. We tested it with existing customers moved from Ogone to Stripe without any problems.
We did not test for a new customer though, so it means that for existing customers there were no initial first period with a different price.

Hope this helps. If you want to check the logs I can PM backend access ?

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303963 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Sepa mismatch with promotion use
Ok, was able to confirm. It's sending an invoice IPN for $0 during the trialing period. It shouldn't negatively impact it as it's irrelevant to the payment process and will just be logged as a failed IPN then ignored. You should see 2 notifications when a new subscription is created due to this. First one is Type of "subscr_signup" with Log Type set to "Autorecurring payment". That's the initial charge for the initial price. The second is the trialing IPN, which doesn't alter the basket/subscription and just logs a failed IPN. When a recurring payment is made a proper invoice paid notification will come through and pay it fine.

Have added a bug ticket to suppress logging the trialing IPN as that should just be ignored by the gateway.

Again, this should have no negative impact on the subscription or the payments for that subscription working. You will not see the initial charge for a subscription in Stripe > Billing > Invoices. It will be in Stripe > Payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303965 by activha

You should see 2 notifications when a new subscription is created

Correct we have the 2 notifications

You will not see the initial charge for a subscription in Stripe > Billing > Invoices. It will be in Stripe > Payments.

Correct again :-)
We did not check the payments but only the invoices

So ok, thanks for the update and we note that it does not affect the customers
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 11 months ago #303974 by activha
Just one last thing I noticed if you update CBsubs :

First one is Type of "subscr_signup" with Log Type set to "Autorecurring payment". That's the initial charge for the initial price

This first one should not be marked as completed but as pending until the SEPA payment is set as completed by Stripe, like a normal recurring payment does.

For now it is marked as completed even if the payment is still pending at Stripe. Thought it would be best for you to know :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn