[SOLVED] CB AutoActions

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303977 by sclarke
[SOLVED] CB AutoActions was created by sclarke
Hi,
We have an AutoAction that redirects a user's profile view to a page if the user doesn't have an active subscription, which is working fine. But it redirects everyone. We would like it so Admins and Super Users don't get redirected, they get taken to the user profile.

I tried adding new condition for usergroup but it didn't work. I am not sure that I have the correct substitution. Here what I have:

It is the last line that I added to try to stop Super Users from being redirected.

Is there a way to check the usergroup is not 7 or 8? So, the redirect only works for other usergroups?

Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303984 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB AutoActions
There is no [cb:usergroup] substitution usage. Simply use the Access parameter under the Global tab to limit who the auto action will apply to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304001 by sclarke
Replied by sclarke on topic CB AutoActions
Hi,

I changed the Access from Everyone to Public, Guest & Registered.

When I login as a super user I am still being redirected to the Inactive Member page instead of viewing the User's Profile.

Did I change the wrong Access setting?

Thank you.
Attachments:

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304016 by krileon
A user can't be Guest after login and everyone by default is Public so it's not much different from selecting Everyone. Set it to Registered and should work fine as long as your super user does not also have the Registered usergroup (they should not).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304063 by sclarke
Replied by sclarke on topic CB AutoActions
Hi Kyle,

It doesn't seem to matter what I set the Access to, if the Auto Action is enabled you always get taken to the inactive page for inactive members. Just an FYI, not logged in users or logged in Registered users should be redirected, which is why I had Public & Guest below.

If I turn off the Auto Action, then the profile displays (so, it is the Auto Action that is doing the redirect).

I double checked that my Super User account has only Super User checked for the Group.

5 years 11 months ago #304069 by krileon
Access determines who can run the auto action. When a user logs in they immediately assume their respective access based off their account. For regular users that's Registered. The below for example will redirect only Registered users after they've logged in.

Triggers: onAfterUserLoginSuccess
Type: Redirect
Users: Self
Access: Registered

It's possible whatever trigger you're using simply doesn't have a user object in it so you need to use Self like the above.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn