Uploading file in user profile (backend)

5 years 11 months ago #304222 by cagoffice
Uploading file in user profile (backend) was created by cagoffice
Hello,

We used to be able to upload a file in a profile field (upload file field) in the user profile from the backend and now when we hit save, the file is not stored in there.

What are we doing wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Uploading file in user profile (backend)
No idea, works perfectly fine in my tests. Disable CB Conditional, CB Privacy, and CB Auto Actions 1 by 1 retesting after each to see if either could be conflicting. If any are be sure they're completely up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304225 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Uploading file in user profile (backend)
None of your suggestions worked. It's very strange that it no longer works for me.

5 years 11 months ago #304226 by krileon
Does it work fine from both frontend registration and profile edit? Have you tried various file types? Do image fields work? Do you have any security Joomla extensions installed that could be blocking it?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304228 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Uploading file in user profile (backend)
Trying to test but it's difficult. This user could not use the registration function (which is why we are creating his profile in the back-end for him). I normally don't have the upload field visible upon profile edit from front end. I activated it to show just to see if it would work and of course when I go to save there are like 5 other fields that we have mandatory from front end and I don't have those details for this user. So I cannot save. Fun!

5 years 11 months ago #304243 by krileon
It's only affecting 1 specific user and not everyone? If it affects everyone from backend just make a test account so you can put whatever fake details you need to meet frontend save requirements.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn