Uploading file in user profile (backend)

5 years 11 months ago #304251 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Uploading file in user profile (backend)
Ok I tried that from the front end and received this error message: File Upload 1 : Please select a file before uploading

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304253 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Uploading file in user profile (backend)
Ok, that sounds like it was completed blocked and doesn't even exist in PHP tmp to validate against. Most likely your servers mod_security is false positive flagging it. Try something simple like a text file that just says "hello" in it and see if that gets blocked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304256 by cagoffice
I tried a .txt file with "hello" and got this error message: File Upload 1 : Please select a file before uploading

5 years 11 months ago #304257 by krileon
It's being blocked or something is wrong with php tmp. Check with your host first to see if mod_security is blocking the uploads. If not you'll need to check tmp folder permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304263 by cagoffice
After reviewing the php error file we have found these errors:

[04-May-2018 15:14:31 UTC] PHP Warning: Unknown: Unable to create temporary file, Check permissions in temporary files directory. in Unknown on line 0
[04-May-2018 15:14:31 UTC] PHP Warning: Unknown: POST data can't be buffered; all data discarded in Unknown on line 0

Thanks,

5 years 11 months ago #304266 by krileon
That's a tmp directory problem. tmp doesn't exist or can't be accessed. So it's impossible for the PHP upload to take place. Check php.ini and ensure upload_tmp_dir is correct. The php.ini upload_tmp_dir should point to your servers root tmp folder. I think Joomla may override this with its tmp folder parameter in Joomla global configuration so be sure that's also correct and points to the /tmp folder in Joomla root. Check permissions on both if they both exist and are correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn