[#7135] Uploaded handy pic will be deformed

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304292 by krileon
Ok, found another EXIF orientation sample library below.

github.com/recurser/exif-orientation-examples

Portrait 5-8 have this issue. So now that I've a means of replicating will see how to best fix.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304293 by krileon
Found it. It was due to maxWidth and maxHeight not swapping. Odd my sample set of images didn't have this issue, but newer samples do. Fixed in latest build now available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 11 months ago #304334 by activha
I tried with an image from your exif-samples page and it works well from the desktop

However from iPhone, this is the same behavior as before. I tested both on CBdemosites and ours.

Further with iPhone, it seems like the picture is kept in memory as it's impossible to upload a new picture when the first one has been uploaded.

Pity that most of our users have iPhones :-)

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304339 by krileon
There's nothing more I can do about that. I'm guessing iPhone is messing with the EXIF orientation or file inputs in some way. As far as it parsing the actual EXIF data correctly it does that now in latest release. Have tested this using my Android and works perfectly fine. It's possible the photo on your device has a corrupt EXIF orientation; try taking a new photo and see if it works.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 11 months ago #304349 by activha
This is not a problem with iPhone.
I just tested the same picture with our other component hotspots using also exif and the picture is correctly uploaded in portrait mode.
The upload page is activ-ha.com/activer if you want to have a look.

5 years 11 months ago #304351 by krileon
Please send me the picture that doesn't work (either as a URL in a PM or via email to krileon at joomlapolis). I've tested 2 EXIF libraries of images and they all work fine now on latest release. I've no further means of testing your issue. I do not own a single apple product.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn