Upgrade Plan - Renewal Date Has Changed And Value Goes Up

5 years 11 months ago #304323 by bins
We have a member who renewed their membership (on Sunday) and then wanted to upgrade to the next level.

On (admin) upgrading today, their renewal date has changed, also, the value of the upgrade does not appear to be the difference between the two, minus 2 days, but it has increased the price slightly!

We do not get many upgraders, so have not noticed this before.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304324 by krileon
Don't understand. The value of what goes up? The plan they want to upgrade to is suddenly more expensive? Did they use a coupon to discount their previous purchase? Is prorating enable so it can prorate remaining value?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304326 by bins
Sorry, to clarify:

They are 2 days into a 149 plan
They want a 199 plan
The upgrade cost 51.17?

'Prorate remaining value of this plan when upgrading' is set to 'yes', so I would have expected the upgrade cost to be 49/48...!

5 years 11 months ago #304331 by krileon
Are you applying tax? That seams like the only way it'd actually increase.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304333 by bins
Yes, we are, but tax is applied to all membership levels.

It is almost as if it is increasing the price because of the first membership level being extended by 2 days (but that calculation would be 0.8x).

5 years 11 months ago #304340 by krileon
What would the price be of the 149 and 199 plans with tax added to them? It's supposed to take their final totalizers so any tax or static promotions applied are taken into consideration. It then has to determine how much value the amount of time they used is worth and subtract that. So it'd be something like the below.

( 199 + tax ) - ( ( 149 + tax ) - ( time value ) )

Most likely what's happening is they are saving money, but it's mostly on the tax since 2 days of a 149 plan is very little value depending on plan duration. For example if it's a 1 year plan then 1 day is only worth roughly 40 cents.. so at 2 days they're roughly at 148.20 of value. You subtract that from 199 and you're at 50.8. Factor in tax and it'll easily hit 51.17.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn