Upgrade Plan - Renewal Date Has Changed And Value Goes Up

5 years 11 months ago #304345 by bins
149/199 is the price including tax.

".... You subtract that from 199 and you're at 50.8. Factor in tax and it'll easily hit 51.17." The price would only increase if the subscription is calculated at 365 days (i.e. extended to one yeat) instead of 363 days.

When someone upgrades mid term, I would expect the charge to be pro rata, not based on starting the duration again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304350 by krileon
The prorating is based off their remaining value. They lose 2 days worth of value because they used 2 days already. Possibly 3 given all the calculations are in UTC. The value per day is roughly 40 cents for your 149 plan. That means they lose roughly 80 cents towards the 199 plan. I'm guessing they actually hit 3 days UTC as 3 days would put the plan roughly at 51.2. This all seams to be calculating correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304352 by bins
Surely not!

They have paid 149. The upgrade is 50, but 2 days have gone, so 363/365 is 49.72, which should be the pro-rata charge. It shouldn't be higher than the upgrade value.

It appears to me that it might be extending the 149 by 2 days, pro-rata'ing that and then adding 50???

5 years 11 months ago #304354 by krileon
Per day Value: 149 / 365 = 0.40821
Used Value: 0.40821 x 2 = 0.81642
Credit: 149 - 0.81642 = 148.18358
Prorated Upgrade: 199 - 148.18358 = 50.81642

It's very close to your 51.17, which is why I think it's actually closer to 3 days worth of time used as it calculates in UTC. This would be the below.

Used Value: 0.40821 x 3 = 1.22463
Credit: 149 - 1.22463 = 147.77537
Prorated Upgrade: 199 - 147.77537 = 51.22463

This is just using flat days. CBSubs will calculate down to the very second since it's a timestamp calculation with a rounding to the 5th decimal. So yes it appears to be calculating perfectly fine.

It sounds like you want to prorate the time they used towards the upgrade, which CBSubs does not do as I've shown above. The parameter name and description both clearly state they prorate the remaining value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304356 by bins
But surely this assumes that the 12 month period resetting when the upgrade occurs?

If anything, based on your description, the 50 should be 48.xx?

5 years 11 months ago #304358 by krileon
Don't understand what you're asking. The plan is 1 year at 149. So the remaining value is calculated based off what they paid vs the time left on their subscription that they did not use. You can see this above in my calculations. They do not get the value of the time they already used prorated towards their upgrade subscription. That's why it's not a flat 50 upgrade, because they used some of their time already.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn