About italian language files of CB and plugins

5 years 11 months ago #304462 by lucablue
Hi,
I'm modifying some italian strings in different language file of the CB and its plug in.
To not do the work twice, is there a place where I can upload them to use in the next versions of CB instead to go to the transtlation website and re-write again all?

I don't know who translate them but are... "aaarghh"

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304479 by krileon
Don't recommend modifying the files. Simply use the language overrides functionality shown below. It stores you overrides in a override.php file that you can copy to another site and won't be lost on install of new language plugin version.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Translations are entirely community driven. If you feel you can improve on them then consider joining the Italian language transifex project and improve it. See our localization page below for details.

www.joomlapolis.com/localization

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304524 by nant

lucablue wrote: Hi,
I'm modifying some italian strings in different language file of the CB and its plug in.
To not do the work twice, is there a place where I can upload them to use in the next versions of CB instead to go to the transtlation website and re-write again all?

Thank you

I have sent a message to the translator to reply.

You can join the Italian projects on transifex to improve translations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucablue, krileon

5 years 11 months ago #304543 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic About italian language files of CB and plugins
There is something I don't understand:

I can download and modify only admin-language.php and language.php of community builder but I've optimized some string in GroupJive language and other for "LIKE" buttons...
I cannot find in the translation site.

Where are them?

5 years 11 months ago #304547 by krileon
Plugin language strings are not in the main language files. The main language files are for core CB strings only. Plugin strings are contained in their plugin language files that load on demand. They should be in the cbplugin folder within the language plugins folder.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304579 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic About italian language files of CB and plugins
Yes, I know, into CB plug ins install but I mean into the translation website to help the community.
It seems I've access only to CB files

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn