[SOLVED] GDPR - Force accepting Privacy Policy on log in

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304468 by cliffvt
Guys, Is there a way to execute a check upon login to see if a registered subscriber has Accepted two terms and conditions fields, and if not, redirect login to their profile page to force this, if yes then redirect them to home page?

I already have the two fields a required so it won't let them leave uless they have accepted, but to get them there in the first place without having to send everyone there all the time from the login module would be great.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304472 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic GDPR - Force accepting Privacy Policy on log in
Cliff,
We agree with part of what your wanting but part of the GDPR as we understand it is your are NOT allowed to check the box on arrival this must be done by the user to accept terms and privacy statements.

What we want to be able to do is the following;
If a user is creating an account either manually or a social media account to log in, direct the account to the required fields page to accept or not accept.

We need the following;
- Valid email account
- To accept or not accept 'Email Notifications - Newsletters, Promotions and Account Notices'
- To accept or not accept 'Terms and Conditions'
- If not accepted this will return the user to the signup page or home page?

A good example of this is here;
termsfeed.com/blog/gdpr-privacy-policy/

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304473 by cliffvt

webtechplus wrote: We agree with part of what your wanting but part of the GDPR as we understand it is your are NOT allowed to check the box on arrival this must be done by the user to accept terms and privacy statements.

Not sure what you mean by "on arrival" - also I did not say that "we" want to check the box? We have spent much time and worked with our lawyers to get our Privacy Notice and Policy fit for purpose and now the last step is getting the right permissions fomr our existing subscribers.

For new paid subsrcibers to a service, its pretty simple, CB already provides the ability to "Accept Terms and Conditions " or in our case "Accept Privacy Notice and Policy - no new user can in any case sign up if they havent ticked those boxes.

It is for EXISTING subscribers that my question relates to.

Unless existing subscribers consents to the collection, storage and use of their data in terms of our Privacy Notice and Policy, they cannot continue to access the subscriber area of our site after 25th May 2018 and we will refund them any unused portion of their subscription term and cancel their subscription

So I am looking for a way, that everytime a user logs in to their account between now and 25th May, that CB can check whether the terms have been accepted in their CB profile area, if not, then redirect them to the edit Profile tab to do so, or if they have, continue use of the site as usual.

5 years 11 months ago #304476 by cliffvt
I found an extension for Joomla Core, which is perfect, but as we use CB this won't help much unless we manage GDPR consents outside of CB.

www.richeyweb.com/software/joomla/plugins/123-system-required-fields

5 years 11 months ago #304478 by krileon
Use a Redirect action in CB Auto Actions on the onAfterUserLoginSuccess trigger. Be sure to set User to Self since this trigger has no user object. Next under Conditions check your fields as necessary. For example if it's a terms and conditions field it behaves like a checkbox field using values 1 (Yes) and 0 (No) (e.g. [cb_privacypolicy] Not Equal To 1). You can then redirect them to profile edit with whatever message you like regarding accepting the new policy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304499 by cliffvt
Thanks a lot for your response. I get the first two instructions, but:

krileon wrote: ....You can then redirect them to profile edit with whatever message you like regarding accepting the new policy.

How do I do that, I cannot find that action under the Action tab or any of the others...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn