[SOLVED] change group (or add) based on cb field

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304661 by cjmicro
I saw examples of how to add a group when someone registers based on a field selection.

I imported my users, and would like to now assign some of them to a different group based on a field selection. this is not tied to a user action, i need it to happen based on something i do in back end that does not involve

if field x = YES assign them to group "newusergroup"

Is there an auto action trigger that will do this? i have tried using a couple but they do not seem to work

onAfterUserApproval
type usergroup
user automatic
access everybody
conditions [cb_field] Equal To y
add usergroups "newusergroup"

then i approve the user in cb and nothing changes.

Maybe there is some other way to do it that is easier? Any help would be appreicated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304665 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic change group (or add) based on cb field
What action specifically are you wanting this to happen on? Specifically after a user has been approved?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304669 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic change group (or add) based on cb field
I need it to happen to all that are currently in the system, through some task i can perform on all in the back end. I can unapprove everyone, then set up the action then reapprove, but that didn't seem to work either.

Users are already there i need to add group to their profile if they have that box checked YES.

Thanks for the quick response.

5 years 11 months ago #304670 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic change group (or add) based on cb field
You can batch change users usergroups in CB > User Management. Recommend filtering it down as needed then using batch tools for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304672 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic change group (or add) based on cb field
Yes, thank you, i knew about batch changing in the user list. But I am stupid and did not see the filtering part for cb field below the other choices!! THANK YOU!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn