[SOLVED] Not understand: "7.3.1.5 Settings icon à Global tab à Automation settings frame"

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304710 by lucablue
Hi,
I'm reading the CBSubs manual 4.1 and I'm not understanding the paragraph in object.

I don't know which options I need to use.

I'd like that any user can buy my subscription, without any auto-renew, and this subscription is valid for a period of 365 day since he pays, just this.

So how I need to configure:
  • Mass expire subscriptions method

• Automated payments

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304711 by krileon

I'd like that any user can buy my subscription, without any auto-renew, and this subscription is valid for a period of 365 day since he pays, just this.

You'd just create a new subscription plan and set its duration to 1 year. Plans default to single payments only.

So how I need to configure:
Mass expire subscriptions method

Automated payments

Configuring automated payments contradicts what you've just said above so I'm unsure what you're needing at this point. Mass expiration method depends on how you want to expire users. You can have subscription expiration's trigger from backend access, frontend access, or a CRON task. My recommendation is set "Mass expire subscriptions method" to "Cron task and admin access (100 max/page) " then setup a CRON task to run a wget call on "Url of cron task".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304720 by lucablue
I want to do the first thing I say, but to have only that I'd like to know how I've to leave the second options to avoid problems.

Can you explain, also, with an example what are needed the Automation setinngs frame? To do what?

Thank you

5 years 10 months ago #304722 by krileon

I want to do the first thing I say, but to have only that I'd like to know how I've to leave the second options to avoid problems.

As explained in my previous reply just create a subscription with a 1 year duration. That's all you'll need to do to have a subscription that lasts for 365 days and does not auto renew.

Can you explain, also, with an example what are needed the Automation setinngs frame? To do what?

Set it to use CRON then configure a CRON Task at your webhost to do a wget call to the URL supplied in CBSubs > Settings > Global otherwise leave it to trigger expirations on backend access and be sure to visit backend once a day to trigger expirations (can also be configured to trigger on frontend access). See the below for examples on how to call that URL from CRON. If you've no experience with CRON at all then contact your host as they may be able to help you.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/237481-cron-job#297853

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucablue

5 years 10 months ago #304773 by lucablue
Ok,
now I've understood what's needed the cron function.
Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn