[SOLVED] Simple CB Subs Plan Config has me stumped

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #304923 by MarlonFungai
I can't seem to get my plans config to work and I can't figure out why, this is the use case;

1. I have 3 main plans Customers Staff and Drivers. Customers can't be Staff, Staff Can't be Customers and selected Staff are drivers. For this I created 2 parent plans both exclusive Customer Plan and Staff Plan then a Driver Plan as a child plan of Staff.

2. The customer plan is a free lifetime plan but the upgrades are payable monthly I have created 3 upgrade plans which you can sign up with which will make you a customer as well, who pays monthly or upgrade to which will make you a free customer first and then when you upgrade you pay monthly.

I did this because some people will register using facebook (cb connect) and then upgrade to a paid membership. The problem is no matter how I configure this I end up getting the "Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen).
Please press back button and select the subscription plan to which you would like to upgrade." error.

I subscribe people automatically using CB Auto Actions but I doubt that has any bearing.
to become a customer please login with your FB account.

[REMOVED]

I am sure its a very small detail I am missing but I have been racking the CB Subs manual for 2 days I can't find it.

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not post login credentials here. Even if they are in a confidential tag. Please also do not send credentials that were not requested; we do not review accounts on demand.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #304926 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Simple CB Subs Plan Config has me stumped
Combination errors typically happen due to a plan marked Exclusive (also means Mandatory or Required) is incorrectly interacting with another plan. It sounds like you should have the below setup.

Plan 1 (free, exclusive) <- Customer
Plan 2 (paid, exclusive) <- Staff
- Plan 3 (paid, non-exclusive) <- Driver

You mentioned you've 3 upgrade plans, but didn't describe where those fit in your plan structure. With the above if Plan 3 is marked exclusive you will hit the combination error you're seeing if attempting to subscribe to only Plan 2. Be sure the optional child plan is marked non-exclusive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #304928 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Simple CB Subs Plan Config has me stumped
Sorry I wasn't clear the paid subscription plans are children of the customer plan so the idea is that customers subscribe to services. So the 3 child plans to the customer are 1 full basket, 1 half basket and another 1/2 basket all per month for all 3.

5 years 9 months ago #304941 by krileon
Ok, so you've something like the below?

- Plan 4
- Plan 5
- Plan 6
Plan 2 (paid, exclusive) <- Staff
- Plan 3 (paid, non-exclusive) <- Driver

If plans 4-6 are optional be sure to set them as non-exclusive. If they can't be combined with each other then configure workflows conditions to hide for example 5 and 6 when 4 is selected. If the above isn't correct then supply a diagram as I've done of your plan setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #304944 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Simple CB Subs Plan Config has me stumped
Thanks for the speedy response my plans are like this:

- Plan 4 (paid, non-exclusive)
- Plan 5 (paid, non-exclusive)
- Plan 6 (paid, non-exclusive)
Plan 2 (free, exclusive) <- Staff
- Plan 3 (free, exclusive) <- Driver

5 years 9 months ago #304949 by krileon
Since Customer is free lifetime and it has child plans you'll need it to create subscriptions for the checks to work since it'll have to check if they've an active subscription to Customer before allowing subscribing to its child plans. Within CBSubs > Settings > Global ensure "Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans" is set to "Yes". This probably won't help existing users unless they re-subscribe to the Customer plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarlonFungai

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn