[SOLVED] Updating language files STILL does not update language files...

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #305092 by boyjahq
Every time there is an update for language files under Install From Web tab of CB, clicking the update button results in some kind of work that ends with a message that the update was a success. However, those updates still show as being available under the Install From Web tab and the language files show no indication of being updated (based on version number).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305100 by krileon
Ensure CB it self is completely up to date as CB is responsible for trying to match installed plugins against available downloads. If issue persists please let us know exactly what language plugins are doing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307523 by boyjahq
See attached images--no matter how many times I click "Update All" and it reports that update was a success, I still see:

Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #307530 by krileon
Just tested it with Japanese on a test site and seams to be working fine there. Try refreshing the install from web cache by clicking the refresh link on bottom right. Do you also have the matching CBSubs language plugins installed? Only reason I can think of as to why this would still happen is conflict between the two language plugins mismatching their versions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307548 by boyjahq
I have uninstalled the matching CBSUBS language plugins, I uninstalled the existing Community Builder plugins and downloaded the problematic language plugins (Version: 2.2+build.2018.07.19) and installed via Upload Package File, I refreshed the Install from Web tab and it is still showing as needing an update for those 2 Community Builder plugins en-GB and ja-JP (Version: 2.2+build.2018.07.19)

5 years 6 months ago #307556 by krileon
I don't know what more to suggest. I've a clean install of latest CB build and have installed both en-GB and ja-JP and they do not show as having updates available in install from web. Do you have any other language plugins installed (CBSubs language plugins included)?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn