[#7198] Administrator user online in joomla but not in CB

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305202 by lucablue
Hi,
after the last joomla update 3.8.8 I've noticed an issue:

Before If I log into the website as adminsitrator from the back end, I was not logged into front end with the same user (using another window of the same browser). To log in from the front end with the same administrator user I was into the back end I need to log in from front-end login.

After the last update if I log in as administrator into the back end and after I open a new window of the same browser automatically the same user is already logged in but... not for CB! Infact into the online users module there are no online users and into the back end page of User Management of CB the administrator user is offline.

I've tried to sync the user but nothing change... How can I solve?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305218 by krileon
CB doesn't manage the login session in any way. Session is entirely handled by Joomla it self. If you're not seen as logged in on frontend then there's something wrong with your Joomla session or there's a caching problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305230 by lucablue
I've tested also with other users.
It seems that online module doesn't work anymore as before...
It shows always 0 online users, even if I log in different users with different browsers... but the last update of joomla nothing is changed...

The "Who's online" joomla module works correclty.

Attachments:

5 years 9 months ago #305238 by krileon
Are you sure you're using the CB Online Module? If so what "Display Mode" exactly are you using? I've tested "Online Users" mode with the Default and Avatar layouts as working perfectly fine. It won't count backend logins as online users. It will only count frontend users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305349 by lucablue
Hi,
if I login in backend as administrator and then I open the front end of the website, joomla put me already as logged in.
But as you can see from the image I've uploaded last time, the joomla module (the second one in the image), show correctly how many users are connected and how many visitors, meanwhile the CB online module (the first one) not, but I don't know why... this happens since last update of joomla 3.8.8

5 years 9 months ago #305356 by krileon
CB Online Module does not count backend sessions. We've no plans to change this behavior as backend sessions shouldn't be known to frontend. If you login to fronted normally CB Online Module should count you fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn