[#7198] Administrator user online in joomla but not in CB

5 years 9 months ago #305444 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and see that they're not being counted, but I've no clue why. The query is simply as follows.

SELECT COUNT(*)
  FROM `jos_session`
  WHERE `client_id` = 0
  AND `guest` = 0

Replace jos_ with whatever your table prefix is and run the query directly in phpmyadmin. That should be the results the user sees. It could also be just a language string problem since the string appears translated. Try switching back to English and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305449 by lucablue
The result is "0"!
but I've seen the session table into the db and there are the users online...
:/

PS into the fileds where are the users online client_id is NULL and guest is 0, is the same for what you've written?

5 years 9 months ago #305475 by krileon
Client ID should not be null. It should be 1 or 0. 0 is for frontend and 1 is for backend. Please ensure Joomla is completely up to date as this sounds like an issue in Joomla it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305550 by lucablue
Thank you, I'm asking on joomla forum.
But I don't understand why the basic Joomla Online module works good...

5 years 9 months ago #305551 by lucablue

krileon wrote: Have reviewed your install and see that they're not being counted, but I've no clue why. The query is simply as follows.

SELECT COUNT(*)
  FROM `jos_session`
  WHERE `client_id` = 0
  AND `guest` = 0

Replace jos_ with whatever your table prefix is and run the query directly in phpmyadmin. That should be the results the user sees. It could also be just a language string problem since the string appears translated. Try switching back to English and see if issue persists.

For now I've eliminated the option "client_id" into CB Online module, so now it shows every visitor/users also if is in backend, but I'm the only one have access to backend so I don't care :)

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305578 by krileon
Ok, was able to find the cause. If "Shared Sessions" is set to "Yes" within Joomla global configuration under the System tab you'll have this issue. Have added a bug ticket as we'll have to account for that parameter as if enabled Joomla won't set client_id.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7198

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, lucablue

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn