privacy_profile and userlists

5 years 10 months ago #305355 by haasdijk
privacy_profile and userlists was created by haasdijk
I have published a user list that contains profiles that have the privacy_profile field on "private". These profiles are not published on the user list but it seems that this is not taken into account in paging.
For example, pages 1 and 2 are empty, while on page 3 the first profile is published with privacy_profile on "public". I've tried to filter this out but this field is not available for filtering?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic privacy_profile and userlists
Unfortunately there's no way around that at this time. CB Privacy simply removes their rows from the row sets. It's not able to recount and redo paging to avoid this. Privacy at this time can't extend the userlist query to pre-filter them from the results avoiding this issue, but will be looking into fixing that in a later release as some of the privacy controls can be used in queries easily. The below Advanced filter for example should remove anyone with their profile set to Private and help with the issue some.

( ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__comprofiler_plugin_privacy` AS p WHERE p.`user_id` = u.`id` AND p.`asset` = 'profile' AND p.`rule` = 99 ) = 0 )

The below can be used if you only want to display users who set their profile to Public.

( ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__comprofiler_plugin_privacy` AS p WHERE p.`user_id` = u.`id` AND p.`asset` = 'profile' AND p.`rule` = 0 ) > 0 )

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305375 by haasdijk
Replied by haasdijk on topic privacy_profile and userlists
Thanks Kyle,

For me this should be OK for now. Unfortunately this query returned an error: "1054 Unknown column 'p.type' in 'where clause'".

5 years 10 months ago #305380 by krileon
Fixed the queries. Please give the updated queries above a try.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305386 by haasdijk
Replied by haasdijk on topic privacy_profile and userlists
Error is gone now. Like you said, without a recount and redo paging the result is the same as in the basic filter. So now i've disabled paging and added the possibility to search for profiles in the list. Looks like the best option for now.

5 years 10 months ago #305400 by krileon
So you still have paging issues even after filtering out private profiles? That should remove the majority of problem rows. Some privacy rules just won't be able to extend the query very well, but I've a feature ticket to implement extending the userlist query as best as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn