Logon Module not working

5 years 9 months ago #305465 by RobGG
Logon Module not working was created by RobGG
Hi,

The CB Login module has worked perfectly until now. Now the login module presents correctly, accepts username and password normally. When logon is pressed the screen clear and then re-presents with username and password as entered, this mean that registered uses cannot login. In addition, we note that "Welcome Guest" has been replaced with "Welcome Guest!" (! added). The module date indicates it has not been changed recently. Can you suggest any "problem solving" steps we can take?

Regards, Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305476 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Logon Module not working
Sounds like a caching issue. Disable any form of caching you've enabled then purge the cache and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305510 by RobGG
Replied by RobGG on topic Logon Module not working
Hi,
We have disabled caching in Global Configuration and purged the cache. All the database checks in the tools CB provides are checking out OK, and we can't see any changes to files. The permissions are all OK and the Joomla database has been checked and is OK, The Joomla login also works OK. This means core Joomla is OK. The problem is still occurring.

Can you suggest anything else we can try? Can you recommend a CB expert who could (for a fee) trouble-shoot this issue? It is causing us great anguish in a very busy membership renewal period.

Regards, Robert

5 years 9 months ago #305517 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Logon Module not working
Something maybe blocking logins in that case. Do you've CB AntiSpam installed? If so try disabling it and retry. Do you've any custom auto actions in use within CB Auto Actions? If so try disabling it and retry as well. If issue persists switch to default Joomla protostar template and enable debug mode as well as maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry to see if any errors output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn