Bootstrap 4 customization

5 years 10 months ago #305490 by activha
Bootstrap 4 customization was created by activha
Hello

We have tested CB 2.2 on the dev site and noticed the fine use of bootstrap 4

This is a very nice update.

However as we have an bootstrap 3 based template we don't use the twitter option for CB. Upgrading to CB 2.2 means that this option has to be selected but in this case the override.css has to be much bigger to change all bootstrap 4 colors to ours.

Do you have a mean to easily change Bootstrap 4 colors ?

Thanks a lot
Regards
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305492 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bootstrap 4 customization
You've a couple options as follows.

1. Use CSS Overrides to override the colors you're wanting changed
2. Install a Joomla template that is Bootstrap 4
3. Attempt to replace CBs Bootstrap CSS file with your own

For 3 you can use a site like the below to generate the bootstrap.css file. The downside to this is the CSS classes are not prefixed with .cb_template so it'll style outside of CB. So you may want to just selectively pull out the CSS that adjusts the colors the way you're wanting and drop it into CSS Overrides.

bootstrap.build/

I'll be reviewing implementing the ability to generate new CB themes using CB Template Changer plugin next week to ease the process of customizing CB. The recommended approach is to review upgrading to a Bootstrap 4 Joomla template, which will also help prepare you for Joomla 4 release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305524 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Bootstrap 4 customization
The good thing would be to have the ability to change colors to match the joomla template ones.

That's a bit too early to move to a bootstrap 4 template as there are not a lot available and requires some work.

Could you implement a root color selection so that the CB bootstrap css file will these root colors ? this way would be easy to customize the colors in a first step.

5 years 10 months ago #305525 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bootstrap 4 customization

The good thing would be to have the ability to change colors to match the joomla template ones.

That's the planned improvement for CB Template Changer. That's too heavy of code to include in CB it self since it'll require including a SCSS compiler library.

Could you implement a root color selection so that the CB bootstrap css file will these root colors ? this way would be easy to customize the colors in a first step.

Bootstrap 4 doesn't use the :root colors at this time. We're using a few in CB it self to make CBs template.css file more compatible with Joomla Bootstrap 4 templates without needing to change template.css.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn