Install from web didn't work anymore

5 years 10 months ago #305507 by sentix
Install from web didn't work anymore was created by sentix
Hi,
for some time, the install from web functionality works in my site. Never on localhost, but on the live server. But for some time now, it didn't work anymore. It shows the version numbers of my installed plugins etc. but didn't automatically sign-in. Any idea why that happens?

Regards
Manfred
J3.8.8
CB 2.2

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305508 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Install from web didn't work anymore
Try following:
- logout from your site admin area (login first if you are not logged in)
- login into joomlapolis
- login in to your site admin
- go to CB install - install from web
- click the small refresh button at bottom right

That should allow you to install again.

Please confirm if the above solves your issue, as we are always trying to improve the user experience.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 10 months ago #305509 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Install from web didn't work anymore
Sorry, didn't work

5 years 10 months ago #305516 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install from web didn't work anymore
Something installed on your Joomla site or computer it self is likely breaking the JSONP request in that case. The way JSONP requests work is it allows cookies to pass and function on the called domain. This allows the install from web endpoint to correctly see you're logged in. It's possible your browser or even a browser extension is blocking the cookie usage. Have you tried a different browser?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305523 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Install from web didn't work anymore
Hi Kyle, thanks for your help. Yes, we block third party cookies as part of are privacy setting in the company. When I remove that and then use Beats advise, it works.

Would it be possible to setup this functionality without relying on Cookies and using a web api key etc. ? I think because of GDPR a lot of users will change their browser defaults.

Regards
Manfred

5 years 10 months ago #305526 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install from web didn't work anymore
Nope, not possible to work without JSONP request. The only other option is a cross-domain POST to log you into Joomlapolis, which we've no plans of doing. We've considered a web API Key, but then it's too easy for people to share the keys with others to circumvent needing a valid subscription (the install from web cache is only active for 24 hours), which unfortunately would happen. Will review this further as we maybe able to implement web API Key usage by requiring the domain to be supplied in advance, which would help reduce sharing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7197

Note there is no guarantee this will be implemented. I don't forsee any issues implementing the functionality in package builder it self, but whether we use it or not will have to be discussed internally. We will have to discuss the risk assessment of doing this. We want install from web to be convenient, but we don't want 1 person sharing a key for example to 20 people; that wouldn't be good for our business model.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn