[#7222] CB-Subs: How to adapt the 'Validity' string of a subscription

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #305564 by erichburkhard
I am Using CB 2.1.4 and CBSubs 4.2.0....I have set up different plans which all can be renewed (or not) by the user AFTER termination. Everything works fine. The only thing I do not like is the presentation of the 'Validity' column before paying a subscription....Pls. look at the following screendump:

Here you see how a 3-month-subscription will be displayed to the user. The 'blue' marked text part is ok. It informes the user about the exact time period of the validity. But the 'red' marked text is disorienting for me. The 'red' marked text becomes only a fact if the user decides to renew the subscription exactly at the expiring day...

So my question is: Is this a 'feature' or did I misconfigure the plan settings? Anyway: Is it possible to change this?

regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305581 by krileon
The then validity typically only displays if you've set an initial price/duration. Under the Pricing tab did you configure "Is the first amount and period different"? If you did and it's no different than the regular price/duration then I recommend setting it to "Always same period and price".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305587 by erichburkhard
HI - this field is already set to "Always same period and Price" but this has no effect at all

regards

5 years 9 months ago #305614 by beat
Just checked in the code: This exact text is only output if:
1. there is no limit of number of reoccuring payments, and
2. that the plan require autoreoccuring ones, or allows for either single payments or auto-reoccuring ones at user's choice.
And that's for the basket's validity column for a payment item corresponding to a plan with those characteristics.
Agree that that column could be output nicer. But if you don't have any gateway allowing auto-recurrings, just remove that possibility from the plan and it should display fine.
Works like that?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 9 months ago #305670 by erichburkhard
Attached to this message I will send you the screendump of on of my plan setting. As you can see I switched of the autorecurring field. But there was no effect at all: do you have other ideas?

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #305894 by erichburkhard
Hi - could anybody have a look at this? - from my point of view this 'validity' string does not work correct...

regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn