CB Activity tab and bootstrap 3

5 years 9 months ago #305623 by activha
CB Activity tab and bootstrap 3 was created by activha
Hello

When using the new bootstrap 4 based CB with a bootstrap 3 template, we have a css problem with the Activity Tab.

It takes the whole width instead of the correct col width. I have noticed that the width is set by col-sm instead of col-sm-7, could it be the cause ?

Switching to helix solves the problem but we would need a quick fix during the weeks needed to adapt all the website to the new bootstrap 4 template.

Is it possible to alter the Activity tab css and where ?

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305630 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity tab and bootstrap 3
col-sm in Bootstrap 4 allows it to automatically consume the space that remains. My guess is you've a CSS conflict coming from somewhere that's overriding Bootstrap 4 CSS. I don't see how this could be specific to CB Activity though as it's not using a grid for its activity display and is most likely the canvas layout styling around it. You can apply any CSS fixes you need using CBs template CSS overrides shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305632 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity tab and bootstrap 3
I just found that the problem was a css rule in bootstrap 3
.media-body : { width: 10000px; }

This conflicted with Activity tab

Hope it helps someone else
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn