[#7203] Refunds with Stripe Sera does not cancel the subscription

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305626 by activha
Hello

Last month we cancelled some customers subscriptions by refunding from within CBsubs and using Stripe Sepa and triggered brand new monthly subscriptions.

This was marked in CBsubs payment as refunded and we correctly selected the option to close the subscription.

However this month all customers are charged again by Stripe and we noticed that no subscriptions have been closed by CBsubs, meaning that all concerned customers are charged twice by Stripe;

We are going to manually cancel double stripe subscriptions as we don't see another way but you should have a look there if things happen again

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305633 by krileon
Looks like Stripe doesn't cancel subscriptions like other gateways do on full refund. Adding a bug ticket and fixing for next build.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, activha

5 years 9 months ago #305754 by activha
Thanks we just noticed that this has been updated

After the upgrade, we got another problem though which is the following :

As said previously and before, we manually cancelled the double subscriptions at Stripe dashboard for customers that were refunded last month.

However, some payments for this months with these customers were already in the pipe with Stripe and this morning we got about 10 new double payments for customers.
So it seems like the previous refunds were not acknowledged by CBsubs and Stripe and the basket and subscription was not cancelled, which was normal as you had to fix it

Problem is that we have now two baskets for these customers and two payments. If we try to refund the oldest basket CBsubs replies impossible to refund (without any mention of a reason) and we have no errors in the logs (maybe because we manually stopped the old subscription at Stripe Dashboard ?)

Can you tell me how to override this to close the oldest basket and proceed to the refunds while closing the recurring function of the oldest basket to avoid further double payments ?

Shall we simply suppres the oldest basket at CBsubs level ?

Thanks
Jean

5 years 9 months ago #305762 by krileon
For the baskets that are already cancelled, replaced, or no longer function (they can't be matched to a subscription anymore) refund directly at Stripe and cancel the recurring subscription at Stripe if they still exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305784 by activha
Ok we did it at Stripe Dashboard

But in CBsubs backend, we still have two baskets item. Does it mean that the oldest one for which we ordered refund to Stripe and cancelling of subscription is ended ? even if it's still marked recurring ?

How can we be sure that CBsubs will not trigger another double payment next month ?

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305786 by activha

krileon wrote: Looks like Stripe doesn't cancel subscriptions like other gateways do on full refund. Adding a bug ticket and fixing for next build.

This time doing a total refund from CBSubs correctly canceled the subscription at Stripe, but the payment related has not been refunded by Stripe.

It's marked as refunded in CBsubs though and we have no errors in notifications.

I waited half an hour and had to manually refund the payment from Stripe Dashboard

Mind to check ??

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn