Stripe change of SEPA bank account

5 years 9 months ago #305726 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Stripe change of SEPA bank account
No Stripe answers is that CBsubs should do it

I'm afraid there isn't a way to do that through the dashboard. The source object that holds that information needs to be created through the API, which keeps that information secure. Here's a page that has a bit more about that, as well as some guidance on how those are created: stripe.com/d…urces/sepa-debit#create-source

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305731 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe change of SEPA bank account
CBSubs has no functionality to update payment sources on file. Once it does that functionality will be implemented in the Stripe gateway.

Looks like the Stripe dashboard only lets you edit/add Cards and Bank Accounts. I'm guessing SEPA is Source and not Bank Account.

Your only option then would be for the user to cancel their subscription and resubscribe with their new billing details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305732 by activha
That's not a good option.

We should be able to change it from the backend. Even a DataBase update would do but we cannot ask our customers to cancel and resubscribe. It has to be a smooth process

5 years 9 months ago #305738 by krileon
That's your only option, sorry. CBSubs does not have the functionality to update payment details on file. We've a pending feature ticket to implement support for that in a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

5 years 9 months ago #305743 by activha
Not cool as it will take time I guess
Same like invoices...
This is real business life questions though
Ok thanks anyway :-(

5 years 9 months ago #305746 by krileon
When CBSubs was originally developed the focus was PayPal compatibility. PayPal doesn't need functionality like updating payment details on file since you'd just login to your PayPal account. CBSubs eventually evolved to be much larger in scope than originally designed. Thus some features you might expect just aren't there yet. The big problem this poses is that it was built from the ground up to be designed this way. So we've A LOT to rewrite to implement many of the features people have been asking for.

What's worse is because CBSubs manages a lot of peoples financial streams, including ours, everything must be implemented extremely carefully as we can't risk breaking the core functionality. So implementing major features like this that were never planned for from the beginning is very complicated.

With that said it doesn't really solve your problem, but I hope it at least explains why things work the way they do.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn