Need ability for admins to control user to user connections

5 years 8 months ago #306242 by rgarderet
Hi CB Community,

I am working on a B2B project that requires user connections be controlled by our CB admin staff only. To this end I need a little direction on how this might be accomplished.

Here is a quick workflow summary:

Once registered, each CB user will search other user profiles and look for people they want to connect with. Once a desirable profile has been located the user will either:

a) Make a connection request that will go to an admin for review (via email or message)
b) Build a list of profiles he/ she would like to connect to via a 3rd party extension that is then submitted to an admin

The admin will periodically review the emailed requests/ submitted list and manually connect users together who have expressed an interest in each other.
Then, once the admin has made the mutual connection, a number of CB profile fields will become unmasked and visible by both connected users so they can communicate directly with one another.

Questions:

1. Is it natively possible for CB admins to control user to user connections?
2. If not, what might be a good way to go about establishing this functionality?
3. What might be a good way for our CB admins to access each user’s “connection request” list?

Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you,

Remy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306259 by krileon

1. Is it natively possible for CB admins to control user to user connections?

Nope.

2. If not, what might be a good way to go about establishing this functionality?

Not sure, you'd have to completely implement a custom solution for that. It would have to interact with CBs _comprofiler_members database table or CBs connection API directly.

3. What might be a good way for our CB admins to access each user’s “connection request” list?

There's no functionality for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306277 by rgarderet
Hi Kyle,
Thanks very much for your response. It sounds like I need to hire a developer to build a custom component that can interface with CB.
Do you have any recommendations of people that you know who would be capable of developing such a thing?
Many thanks,
Remy.

5 years 8 months ago #306280 by krileon

Thanks very much for your response. It sounds like I need to hire a developer to build a custom component that can interface with CB.

At this time that'd likely be the only solution. Once we rewrite CB Connections plugin it should hopefully bring some more functionality to it to allow CB Moderators to manage users connections on frontend and backend. I've no idea when that will be though, sorry.

Do you have any recommendations of people that you know who would be capable of developing such a thing?

I do not, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn