[SOLVED] Editing Templates

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306285 by skilcher
[SOLVED] Editing Templates was created by skilcher
Hi,

I have a silly question and forgive me for asking. This is the first time I've worked with CB (any community addon for that matter). I use SP Page Builder for building webpages. I'm looking into using a template from CB, but there is no documentation I can find relating to how to change templates features. Where do I go for this? I've selected FlexiStrap template, went into the "flexistrap - Default" section and there is little I can work with. How do I get started with moving/selecting the modules, menus, logos, etc.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306286 by skilcher
Replied by skilcher on topic Editing Templates
OK, after trying another search, I think I may have found my answer. Trying it out.

5 years 8 months ago #306287 by skilcher

skilcher wrote: OK, after trying another search, I think I may have found my answer. Trying it out.

Looks like it's just styling with the Template Builder functionality. Still would like to know how to edit modules...

Help would be great.

Thanks

5 years 8 months ago #306299 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing Templates
Our templates are simple. They don't have a crazy amount of parameters or let you change their layouts. You'd need to modify their index.php files and adjust the layout within its actual code. You can find your installed templates within the /templates folder of your Joomla install. You should also be able to edit them from within Joomla backend in Extensions > Templates > Templates then click the Files link next to the template you want to edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306305 by skilcher
Thanks Krileon,

Thanks you, I also see that it's controlled by the modules as well.

Question I have to go along with this is: Is there a way to add a scrollbar for the Categories module so save room on the webpage? Right now, I have 6 showing and would like to show 2 or with a scrollbar added so the user can scroll the module rather than the entire page. I can see this could be overwhelming as more are added over time.
Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306309 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing Templates
You'll need to write custom CSS to set a height on the modules div element then set overflow to scroll. Since that's the GJ module the below will probably work.

Categories:
.gjModuleCategoryRows {
    height: 400px;
    overflow: auto;
}

Groups:
.gjModuleGroupRows {
    height: 400px;
    overflow: auto;
}

You can use CBs built in CSS override functionality shown below to output your custom CSS (as long as it's meant for CB as these overrides do not load on pages where CB is not loaded).

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn