[SOLVED] About canvas image

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #306360 by lucablue
[SOLVED] About canvas image was created by lucablue
Is possible to disable to show the canvas image of groups, user and so on in some tabs?

For example: If an user go to "My groups" there are all groups he joined. In that page is visible the boxed groups with name, canvas image and profile image... I'd like to disable the canvas image for this, but if he goes into the group the canvas image should be visible as normal.

Other example:
If an user go to another profile's user page and click on "Last visitors", there are visible all the last users in box with name, canvas image and profile image.. I'd like to disable the canvas image for this tab page.

How can I do it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306365 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic About canvas image

For example: If an user go to "My groups" there are all groups he joined. In that page is visible the boxed groups with name, canvas image and profile image... I'd like to disable the canvas image for this, but if he goes into the group the canvas image should be visible as normal.

It's template driven so you can create a new template for GJ with the tab.php template file and modify it to your liking there or you can try using CSS to hide the canvas image. Below is the location of the default template files for GJ.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/default

Create a new folder in /templates and copy tab.php from default to your new folder. Next within GJ > Parameters > General select your folder as the template. Now begin editing tab.php as necessary.

If an user go to another profile's user page and click on "Last visitors", there are visible all the last users in box with name, canvas image and profile image.. I'd like to disable the canvas image for this tab page.

Same process as above. Create a new template for CB Last Views Tab or try using CSS. You can find the default template files for CB Last Views Tab below.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cblastviewstab/templates/default

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306368 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic About canvas image
After updated the CB GroupJive component, as you suggest me in other thread, now into the Groups tab it's shown in a good way.
The same for Last Visitors... it's strange there are no alert to update component into backend of joomla

5 years 9 months ago #306370 by krileon
You'll be notified of available plugin updates on your control panel in backend if you didn't unpublish the module responsible for displaying that information. Navigate to Extensions > Modules and select Administrator from the dropdown and ensure "Community Builder Updates" module exists. If not create a new module of type "Community Builder Admin module" then for Display Mode select Update Feed and set it to display in the cpanel position. Note the updates checked is cached every 24 hours to avoid our server being slammed by update checks.

Additionally you can just navigate to CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install From Web > Updates now and again to see if you've any updates available. Also subject to 24 hour cache, but you can force a refresh using the refresh link bottom right of the Install from Web tab.

Updates should also show directly in CB > Plugin Management. If an update is available the plugins version will be red. Again this is subject to 24 hour cache.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306376 by lucablue
Replied by lucablue on topic About canvas image
The module is correctly installed but into the home page not sign any alert.
When I went to the update page from CB PLUG IN I've seen I've many components to update...

Something don't work as should... but about 1 month ago, everything worked fine.

5 years 8 months ago #306388 by krileon
Was able to confirm a bug with the update checker for plugins. This affects the module and CB > Plugin Management, but not Install from Web.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7235

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn