[SOLVED] cbsubs: No tax for european company with european tax id

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306426 by Andromeda57
Hello guys,

how can we realize, that european companies with european tax id do not pay the tax?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306432 by krileon
Don't understand. User skipped paying tax? Do you've CBSubs Tax installed and configured tax rates and rules? Did the user supply a Company Name and VAT at their basket when making a purchase?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306434 by Andromeda57
We have configured it, we think.

For example: The seller is a company from germany. A customer (company from austria) buys a plan. In invoice address the company adds company name, vat and country austria. But the company still has to pay the tax?

5 years 8 months ago #306436 by krileon
Depends entirely on how you've configured your tax rates and who they should apply to. Suggest reviewing your tax rates and specifically ensure the parameters under "Geographic conditions for applying this tax" are configured as desired. For EU tax you'll likely also need to ensure the parameters under "European Union Tax settings" are also configured properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306483 by Andromeda57
Hello,

do you have some manual or examples how to use your tax system? Tried so many things but can not manage it for days now...

We need:

- B2B with vat in austria -> 0%
- B2B without vat in austria -> 19%
- B2C in austria -> 20%
- B2C/B2B in germany -> 19%
- B2C/B2B outside EU -> 0%

For example: We set in one tax rate: export sales, b2b only. In invoice there is empty company field. But it is showing the tax, what is wrong...

The last two cases are very easy... But how can we manage the first three cases... 3 different tax rates for b2b with and without vat and b2c? You system always shows wrong tax, or gives two taxes...

I guess there are some bugs.. Whatever we try, your system always ignores "b2c only". It takes the tax even if there is a company name and valid vat.. :((

So at all we can see until now:

1. "export sales b2c only" is totally ignored.
2. When we have 3 taxes for austria (1 for b2c, 1 for b2b with vat and 1 for b2b without vat) cbsubs just takes all 3 taxes... :/

And i see another issue with the tax system.. If we have for example 199 € for one year and we say, tax is included, then in basket cb subs says:

167,00 EUR + 31,73 EUR (19%) = 198,73 EUR ? It is not 199 € anymore..... :(

Thanks for help.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306500 by beat
CBSubs Taxes are described in CBSubs Manual pages 392-413 that can be downloaded here:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents
Please review carefully. It includes examples for EU VAT cases with B2B (with valid VAT numbers) and B2C, including export sales.

CBSubs handles 2 cases: B2B and B2C (with valid VAT number, EU-verified). Never heard that there is such a case of a different VAT rate for a business without VAT number than for normal customers.

I didn't find it either for Austria either:
www.vatlive.com/country-guides/europe/austria/austrian-vat-rates/
www.pwc.at/de/publikationen/umsatzsteuer/vat-guide-2016-englisch.pdf

There are cases where selected provinces get smaller VAT rates, and that can be handled by CBSubs.

This 19% special rate for businesses is new to me, and I would need the exact definition reference to be able to tell how to configure that one.

I just re-tested EU VAT number validation for corresponding VAT rate, and it works as designed, so looks like an error in your configuration.

EDIT: I am continuing my tests too, as I saw a small bug that I want to confirm and, if confirmed, also fix.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn