[#7239] CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #306451 by activha
Hello

We have three payments disputed with Stripe using the SEPA mode.

It seems like CBsubs still considers these payments as completed and invoices are marked as paid and we don't have any indication in CBsubs logs

Could you check ?

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306452 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
The payment has still gone through and completed during a dispute. It's only reversed at the resolution of the dispute if necessary. At which point Stripe should send a cancel IPN to cancel the subscription. Has this not happened? If not you'll need to PM backend super administrator login credentials and provide details on what users this applies to so I can review the IPNs sent by Stripe. There is no specific implementation for disputes nor does there really need to be as the resolution of the dispute is all that'd matter to CBSubs (if it needs to cancel or not).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306489 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
Hello

No there is no cancel subscription nor notices on CBSubs
I have added info on private message

5 years 7 months ago #306491 by krileon
Then Stripe isn't sending a cancellation notification for whatever reason when a subscription payment dispute is lost. You'll need to cancel them manually at Stripe when handling the dispute. Will review implementing automated support for dispute IPNs to pause and cancel subscriptions in a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 6 months ago #307150 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs Stripe Dispute no feed back
Following this subject, we just noticed that partial refunding seems to have problems also.
Doing a payment refund while keeping the subscription opened closed the subscription completely. The second recurring payment was then not refunded and we had to go to stripe dashboard to refund it.

This is then a problem because the second refund is not taken into account in CBsubs; so unless we manually change the amounts in the DB there is no way to know that the two payments have been refunded from our backend.

I guess that there may still be problems with what Stripe sends back for disputes, but also for other things.

Mind to check ?

5 years 6 months ago #307157 by krileon
A partial refund from where? From within CBSubs or from Stripe?

Doing a payment refund while keeping the subscription opened closed the subscription completely. The second recurring payment was then not refunded and we had to go to stripe dashboard to refund it.

These two statements completely contradict one another. Either it's closed or it's not. There should be no second recurring payment if it was closed. A partial refund should not cancel the subscription if set to be left open.

This is then a problem because the second refund is not taken into account in CBsubs; so unless we manually change the amounts in the DB there is no way to know that the two payments have been refunded from our backend.

A refund from Stripe should work perfectly fine as we've handling for Stripe charge.refund event. You should see this handled in CBSubs > Notifications. If not then I've no clue what event they're using to refund and you'll need to check the Stripe > Developers > Logs as well as Events to see what's happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn